Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #1 
wystearya

Why did I look? Aquabid woes!

I was bored just now and went looking on Aquabid. Oh my..! I saw a gorgeous Betta there! I simply cannot have more than one fish, I don't have the room. Comet is a well cared for boy in his 25 liter (6.6 gallon) 'bookshelf aquarium'. I love looking at him in the tank with my live plants and marimo moss ball.

But.. *sigh* I wish I hadn't even looked on Aquabid!! I think I will ban myself from going again. Maybe a few years from now, when Comet has passed from old age, but for now I can not let myself go there! Too many stunning Bettas!

Anyone else ban themselves from 'window shopping' on Aquabid?
wystearya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #2 
lelei

I just recently heard of A/B and found the fishes that I see on the forum.. was always wondering where people get their gorgeous fishy's..aha now I know.. and Yes, I am tempted too.. but right now.. I am undecided about ordering on line live fish.. I hear with a good seller on A/B they would be ok, but I go to Petco and feel so bad for the ones over there, my daughter picked out our Sammy.. and from that day on.. he's been such a shining light in our lives.. so I am not ready to do that yet, but I may be getting another betta another way.. unless.. I cave..lol.. :)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #3 
nel3

id suggest you try to resist or leave AB alone. i saw my green DT on AB and was obsessed with purchasing him. i just kept thinking about him and stressing out until i was able to get my AB acct up to hit the buy now button.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:30 AM   #4 
betta lover1507

i always do!! it's addicting o.o
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:56 AM   #5 
Pitluvs

I steer clear of AB. I do have 10 males, and I do have room for just one more... but the cost is staggering for me to buy from AB! But my local breeder, her website I avoid like the plague haha She's cheaper to ship from hehe
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:54 AM   #6 
Bombalurina

Pitluvs, your avatar dog is a beauty!

I actually find I'm ok on AB. I see a lot of fish that are just incredibly beautiful, but I find I have to see a fish in person, look at its little face and watch it interact with me/its environment/other fish before I can fall in love with. That way I know it's not just a pretty tail. :p
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:25 AM   #7 
Sheldon31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Pitluvs, your avatar dog is a beauty!

I actually find I'm ok on AB. I see a lot of fish that are just incredibly beautiful, but I find I have to see a fish in person, look at its little face and watch it interact with me/its environment/other fish before I can fall in love with. That way I know it's not just a pretty tail. :p
This. A fish has to pick me :)
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #8 
wystearya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
... I see a lot of fish that are just incredibly beautiful, but I find I have to see a fish in person, look at its little face and watch it interact with me/its environment/other fish before I can fall in love with. That way I know it's not just a pretty tail. :p
He he! I guess I am a sucker for a pretty tail!
wystearya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #9 
nel3

i do find myself bored of AB, too many posible bettas and not enough space. the only AB site i see everyday is the one i found my DT on. going local for betta also helps keep costs down.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #10 
Luimeril

i always look. xD thankfully, money prevents me from buying, but i DID cave and buy Todd, my orange Rosetail. it was stressful on me, since i never bought from there, but... i don't regret caving. i adore Todd alot. :V
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote