Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #11 
Sheldon31

I think I'd be too nervous to do it. I'd be devistated if I picked the most prettiest male OHM and he was DOA. I'd be worrying constantly until he got here. I stress about such minor things so this really would be enough to have my hair falling out!
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:46 PM   #12 
Bombalurina

I also find that not being allowed to have another fish helps. When I see a fish on the classifieds that is being neglected and sold because the owner is bored, trying not to save it is just really hard. On the other hand, I know the fish on AB are well cared for, and will go to good homes. They don't *need* me.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:27 AM   #13 
Twilight Storm

I stayed away from Aquabid for the longest time. Shipping from Thailand is expensive with all the added costs...... Silly KadenJames..... She got me looking there lately. I found a fish I REALLY want to buy but I can't afford to. I have been trying not to look now at all. If I don't know what's there I can't think about "the fish that got away." I visit the fish I found daily though. I'm just waiting for him to be sold.
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #14 
ZubinBetta

There must be a way, though I haven't figured it out yet, to permit oneself to visit Aquabid (to "go fishin'") without feeling seriously tempted by the fishes or excluded from partaking in what should be a fun ritual. Perhaps the thought that one is not looking at baubles or ornaments, but living beings who need love and care, can forestall the urge to press a button and send a fish hurtling through real space and time. It almost has to be prohibitively expensive, to prevent all but deliberate decisions. Someone mentioned the perils of PetCo and PetSmart--or portions thereof--and I know I can't visit those parts of the store, or the wanting will start, a small voice that says, "Look at me!" I think these places appeal in part because they feel like our very own personal betta show, any day of the week. And if we postpone our inclinations and wait to visit a real betta show, there is always the danger there of feeling the pull of that special fish. It's a real quandary.
ZubinBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #15 
lelei

Guess they better start a Betta Anonymous club.. we are all addicted..lol:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #16 
Luimeril

i love oogling the Thai fish, but the price alone keeps me away. Todd was bought from a US seller, and was only $27 total, so... :B
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote