Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #1 
BeckyFish97

The Maine Man

Many Thanks To Sena Hansler For Allowing Me To Base This Story On her Much Loved Betta Maine.
R.I.P Buddy!!!

The Maine Man
THUD...Hey!Watch it, some of us are trying to sleep here!!!Numpty!Hmph...I slither round the bag in the hope of finding somewhere comfortable to take a nap, not that I'll be able to with the way this guy drives...

I wish I was back at home, hmmm home, live food for every meal, lovely warm water...ahhh...AAAARGH...I suddenly realise that I am mindlessly shredding my beautiful tail again!Why do I keep doing this?I never did it before, why now?

BANG, woah watch it dude!!!AHHHH stop that screeching noise!!!Did someone stand on your tail?Hang on...that's not the same screeching sound he usually makes, it seems...higher pitched, and decidedly less painful!!!WOAAAAAH!I am jolted out of my thoughts once again as I feel myself thrown up into the air, next thing I know, I'm being slammed non too gently onto another surface!This is it I think, I must be back home!!!
Wrong again!

The lid of the box opens and the light floods in, ahhhhh the light-IT BURNS!!!As my eyes adjust to the light I finally get to meet the guy that has been chucking me about like a toy for the last 2 days, and let me tell you...it is NOT a pretty sight!!!You aren't my human!!!Hmph-I slump back down in the corner of my bag, finally realising that this isnt home, and that I probably wont ever see my human again!
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #2 
BeckyFish97

Anyone want a preview of chapter 2?
Old 05-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #3 
BeckyFish97

Here it is!!!

That Place: Preview

"LOOK she's coming!!!Its her, the special one!!!Hurray!!!Clean water for all!!!She walked along the aisle looking thoughtful, then shouted for one of the humans.
"They need clean water! This one is covered in ammonia burns, and this one has fin ro...Ohhhhhh!" She stopped mid sentence, and leaned toward the shelf...
Old 05-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #4 
MyRainbowBettaFish

haha cute!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #5 
BeckyFish97

Thanks, I'll put chapter 2 up in the morning!!!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #6 
teeneythebetta

Aww thats cute :3 I will keep an eye out for the next chapter(s). :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:50 PM   #7 
betta lover1507

me too!! :D great story
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:45 AM   #8 
BeckyFish97

That Place

That Place
Do you know what it's like to sit on a shelf next to about 40 other betta's?I do!Let me tell you, it is NOT pleasant.Especially when I'm sat next to the vain without reason ones...

"Look at me I'm so hot"
"No you're not have you seen these fins?"
"I'm the king!"
"Oh puh-lease, you guys are just sooooo...you know what?It's not even worth bothering with you and your giant ego's."

This was one of the girls speaking of course, they wouldn't understand what it is to be a male, with all our gorgeous fins, they just laugh and poke fun. I wish they would stop talking, it's all they do ALL day, blah blah blah ego this, ugly that!!!

Saying that I have to admit they have the number of practically everyone, they were the first to work out that the alpha human is clueless, they were the first to feel sorry for the humans who didn't know what they were doing, and they were the one's to warn us that that small human thing was about to pick us up and shake us all around.

But I know...I know I'm lucky-I'm not the one they shove to the back, they say they aren't pretty, we don't receive much care, but they don't receive any care-they think just because they're not as pretty, they don't deserve to be loved, but they're wrong.

Then there's the conditions they keep us in, if my human saw these conditions he would come and take us all back home!But no, he gave up on us a long time ago, he isn't coming back!!!"LOOK she's coming!!!Its her, the special one!!!Hurray!!!Clean water for all!!!She walked along the aisle looking thoughtful, then shouted for one of the humans.

"They need clean water! This one is covered in ammonia burns, and this one has fin ro...Ohhhhhh!" She stopped mid sentence, and leaned toward the shelf...Bang, all at once the males flared, "oh pick me pick me" they cried! Soon their voices died away, I looked around wondering why...then I realised-Me, she was looking right at...Me!

Her eyes wondered momentarily to the boy next to me, then they wondered right back.
I suddenly realised I probably looked quite stupid sat there staring at her, so I did the only thing I could think of-FLARE! I flared for my life swimming this way and that-I did anything I could to try and pursuade her to pick me. She stood there for a couple of minutes, before letting out a long sigh.

Ok I can only take one of you, I'm so sorry little guy-I stopped flaring and sunk into the corner of my cup defeated. I heard sobbing, my curiosity had got the betta of me, and what I saw caused complete confusion!
The other boy, at the bottom of his cup, it took a few seconds to sink in!I looked at the woman, and then back at my neighbour, refusing to believe it!She chose ME!
I barely had time to shout across to the little guy before I was picked up and taken away, but I made the most of the time I had-"I'm sorry!!!" I shouted, "Your time will come, I promise!!!" The next thing I saw confused me beyond anything, I saw not comfort in his eyes-but anger, bitterness, pure hate!!!

Chapter 3 coming soon!!!
Old 05-20-2012, 06:51 AM   #9 
teeneythebetta

You're an awesome writer!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #10 
BeckyFish97

Thanks!I'm working on chapter 3 now, hopefully it will be up tonight.I don't want to be giving too much away...Buuut I don't think that's the last we're gonna see of "the other boy"...