Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #151 
SpookyTooth

(I'm sorry, I appear to have broken the page very slightly!)

I have to say scanning through this topic and seeing all these gorgeous, well cared for and lovely animals has been the highlight of my day! I have a few animals of my own besides my two bettas and have recently gotten around to rearranging photos (so I actually know where they are, yay!).

I have two cats. This is Misi, caring about the world as always in her own way.

Couple of old photos of her:

This is Skatty, helping me read my game walkthrough by sitting on the page I needed...

I have so many more photographs but I don't want to spam the forums with them! I don't just have cats though, I have a pair of sun beetles lovingly named Herp and Derp (I have yet to find "serious" names for them due to their crazy antics), they're rather sweet.

They live in a terrarium with a few carnivorous plants (don't worry, the plants can't hurt them). They regularly hang out upside down from the mesh roof of their home. Such funny little things. They fly randomly in the evenings and look like scarabs.

I also have a giant African land snail, unfortunately I have no photographs of him but I have one of his "father" (GALS are hermaphrodites but I gave each of my current snail's parents a mother and father title for ease). This is Dusk, and a very old blurry photo of him with his head sticking out of a flower pot.

Last but by no means least I have a trio of stick insects. I've made a topic in the past about them but I'd like to share some newer photos here. I'm not going to use IMG tags as I have a few friends who are very uneasy around insects and I don't want to cause anyone discomfort. Please click on the links if you want to see my lovely Extatosoma tiaratum

This is Creeper, my subadult male. He is an absolute love bug and I handle him as often as I can.
http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/x...eperHiQual.jpg

This is Gaia, my subadult female (who shall be housed with Creeper and act as his "wife")...
http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/x...iaSizeComp.jpg
http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/x.../GaiaClose.jpg

And finally Terra, my adult female. She's a monster (size wise... though she's rather aggressive but I don't believe she's been handled in the past so that's understandable).
http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/x...TerraClose.jpg
http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/x...raSizeComp.jpg

Thanks to everyone who shared their photos I needed a pick-me-up.
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #152 
Laki

Wow, beetles as pets?? That's unique! I don't think I'd like to see them fly.. This is what happens when things fly in my house (watch until the end)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZWkUr1zyjY
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #153 
eaturbyfill

I'll be getting two young rats as soon as they are ready to leave the nest! I'll post pictures after we get them. (:
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #154 
Jupiter

Misi is soooo cute!

As for me, apart from my bettas? Just my old man Smokey, who's also my first pet. :>

Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #155 
FishyFishy89

Mr. Whistles suddenly crossed the rainbow bridge. Then I found these lil girls. The lady was gonna sell em to a snake dealer!
From left to right: Lady and Korra(both approx 5/8 months)

FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #156 
teeneythebetta

Cute!!
I didn't know people feed guinea pigs to snakes
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #157 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Cute!!
I didn't know people feed guinea pigs to snakes
large snakes
both Lady and Korra are about the size of a large rat.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #158 
LittleWatty

The following pets don't exactly live with me... but I consider them my pets still. The dog and fat (black) cat live with my parents, and the two white ones live with one of my sisters.

Tilly, aka Meemers/Meems (don't ask, it just kind'a happened lol) is a very, very fat mix breed tuxedo cat. She's VERY fat. Last we checked, she was about 16lbs. She also hates everyone except my mother XD

Murphy, my 14 year old Black Labrador. I love this dog with all my heart, and its depressing to think she might not have long left :( I shall enjoy whatever time she has left!

Leinie (after the Leinenkugel beer) is a rescue from my dad's farm. The people who used to rent the house from us left two cats when we kicked them out, him and his sister (next). He's a big tub, but also a sweetheart. He loves to cuddle!

And finally, Honey! (also after Leinenkugel's Honey weiss). She's the one actually looking at the camera. Her brother and Murphy (who don't get along very well) are begging at my mother's feet for a treat XD
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:30 PM   #159 
dramaqueen
Banned

Your cats are beautiful. especially the white one!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:37 PM   #160 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta lover1507 View Post
Blaze, albino male ball python, he is almost done recovering from scale rot and respiratory infection (i actually have no idea how he got it)
do you use red cedar, or really any evergreen wood as bedding? these are notorious for causing respiratory infections in reptiles, and a lot of them now say "for mammal or bird use only" on the packaging.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote