Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #291 
Indigo Betta

Smile

you've got nice looking pets,
Bucchiccio is beautiful, cocker spaniels are such nice dogs if i got a dog cocker spaniel would be the breed i would want

love Ringo's fur color and eyes too he is a good looking cat he looks like he maybe a ginger tabby crossed with something else to me but i'm no cat expert

i also think Spike has nice colors and he is very cute too hope he's
fully recovered soon
Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #292 
SpookyTooth

Loving all these photos It's been a while since I posted here...

Early this month I had some new additions to my household in the form of these:

My stick insect's eggs started hatching Each baby has moulted once now, and they're doing well. Expecting more relatively soon! I have ten more eggs from this species waiting to hatch and eleven Phyllium (leaf insect) eggs incubating.
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #293 
Indigo Betta

those are cool i see they've already started eating the leaves

how big will they get? and what size are they now?
Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #294 
SpookyTooth

They are doing very well with food! I was very concerned when they first emerged as it's not unknown for the babies to starve due to them not feeding soon enough. Thank God mine have been cooperative! As adults, the females should reach between 15 and 20 cm and the males usually get to a maxmimum of around 15 cm, though their dad was particularly large at 16 cm.

At the moment each baby is about 4 cm long from head to tail, maybe a bit shorter.
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #295 
FishyFishy89

This is Taco. A cane corso foster for Big Dog Rescue in Florida. His owner was a Marine solider whom died in active duty. His owner's family didn't was a "dangerous dog". Despite an ignorant family, he certainly was raised in a great home, he is a certified therapy dog and very well behaved. Loves people and animals alike. Plays gently with small dogs and gives children plenty of kisses. Every weekend he does his "duties"; we visit assisted living homes, the hospitals and schools for disabled children.
Today, we received a card in the mail from a patient we visited. He was very critically ill and Taco laid with him the entire weekend, the man's family truly felt Taco's loving presence and kisses helped heal him. It's things like this that make me wish we could keep Taco. He should have no trouble finding a great home.

FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #296 
PooterFish

So many amazing pets on here :3 I suppose I'll contribute mine...
First, female ball, Zaphira!

And my Mojave male Mandark

Milana AKA Big Mama(in shed)

And her son and my first BP, Darigan(video case for size reference)

Here's my baby, Diego! He's a mamas boy and he loves to go for car rides and to pet stores. I think he was a dog in another life lol

And my fiance's cat Puki
PooterFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #297 
FishyFishy89

such cute kittys!!!!
Question, how does one sex a snake?
Old 02-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #298 
PooterFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
such cute kittys!!!!
Question, how does one sex a snake?
There's two main methods to sexing these. One is called popping, hard to describe but YouTube can show you that. Then there's probing, you basically use a long straight probe tool and insert into their area lol depending on how far it goes in will tell you the sex, this would also be good to look up on YouTube. If you're thinking of sexing a snake, probing isn't recommended for beginners, neither is popping but it's safer to do. That's how I confirmed Zaphira's gender
Old 02-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #299 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooterFish View Post
There's two main methods to sexing these. One is called popping, hard to describe but YouTube can show you that. Then there's probing, you basically use a long straight probe tool and insert into their area lol depending on how far it goes in will tell you the sex, this would also be good to look up on YouTube. If you're thinking of sexing a snake, probing isn't recommended for beginners, neither is popping but it's safer to do. That's how I confirmed Zaphira's gender
ah
thanks. No I don't have a snake that I need to get sexed. I was just rather curious since they don't seem to have an outward displays. Atleast you don't have to put 2 together and wait until they spawn to figure out who is what like I have to with my angelfish xD
Old 02-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #300 
PooterFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
ah
thanks. No I don't have a snake that I need to get sexed. I was just rather curious since they don't seem to have an outward displays. Atleast you don't have to put 2 together and wait until they spawn to figure out who is what like I have to with my angelfish xD
Haha true true, it's handy since I plan on breeding them in the near future, plus if I had two males together on accident they would fight