Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #301 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
This is Taco. A cane corso foster for Big Dog Rescue in Florida. His owner was a Marine solider whom died in active duty. His owner's family didn't was a "dangerous dog". Despite an ignorant family, he certainly was raised in a great home, he is a certified therapy dog and very well behaved. Loves people and animals alike. Plays gently with small dogs and gives children plenty of kisses. Every weekend he does his "duties"; we visit assisted living homes, the hospitals and schools for disabled children.
Today, we received a card in the mail from a patient we visited. He was very critically ill and Taco laid with him the entire weekend, the man's family truly felt Taco's loving presence and kisses helped heal him. It's things like this that make me wish we could keep Taco. He should have no trouble finding a great home.
Oh my goodness, he's adorable (er... handsome)! How people can make the assumption that a dog is mean dispite obvious proof that shows otherwise amazes me.

Quote:
Question, how does one sex a snake?
In addition to popping or probing, there are possibly a bit less invasive (for lack of a better word - nothing against these methods) techniques, but you have to know what to look for. Females typically have a shorter, stubby tail in comparison to male, who have longer, tapering tails. Boids (boas and pythons) have anal spurs - more or less vestigial limbs - next to the cloaca; males have larger and more obvious spurs than females.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #302 
PooterFish

And not to really know those methods, but they aren't always reliable when determining sex
PooterFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #303 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittipuppylove View Post
Oh my goodness, he's adorable (er... handsome)! How people can make the assumption that a dog is mean dispite obvious proof that shows otherwise amazes me.
I agree! He literally is a big baby. Hubby loves him lots and wishes so much that Taco favored him over me. But I'm the one that does the doggie stuff. Makes their food, does training exercises, the grooming, the absent minded belly or ear rubs, etc. Hubby just pays mind to them when he isn't doing something. I pay mind to them 24/7 xD

Heck, I'll be rubbing a head or an ear while reading or typing. Taco is so well behaved that I can trust him to not eat the kitty kibbles even when by himself. The Super Pug, nope, can't trust her with a crumb. Even when it drops directly infront of me.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #304 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooterFish View Post
And not to really know those methods, but they aren't always reliable when determining sex
Very true - if you want to tell sex for sure, like for breeding, you should go with more than one method. And it's usually kinda hard to tell with juveniles. But if you just want a quick, fairly accurate way to tell, visual cues can sometimes be enough.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #305 
Perry the platypus

Fishy Family (Goldfish) and Perry (Betta). I wouldn't necessarily call them "pets". I call them "friends". There is a big difference in those words. But we all have a different way to say it.
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #306 
LaLaLeyla

I have 3 rats ,3 hamsters, 2 mice, 1 parakeet, 2 betta fish, 1 mystery snail, 1 amano shrimp, 2 cats, 1 dog
LaLaLeyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #307 
carbonxxkidd

Quote:
I agree! He literally is a big baby. Hubby loves him lots and wishes so much that Taco favored him over me. But I'm the one that does the doggie stuff. Makes their food, does training exercises, the grooming, the absent minded belly or ear rubs, etc. Hubby just pays mind to them when he isn't doing something. I pay mind to them 24/7 xD

Heck, I'll be rubbing a head or an ear while reading or typing. Taco is so well behaved that I can trust him to not eat the kitty kibbles even when by himself. The Super Pug, nope, can't trust her with a crumb. Even when it drops directly infront of me.

I have to say, that in my experience, male dogs tend to prefer the ladies and female dogs tend to prefer men. Not sure why, but I love my boys! I also heard someone say that female dogs love you and male dogs are IN love with you. So true.
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #308 
carbonxxkidd

I posted in this thread earlier about my kids, but I didn't post photos...so now I am! Meet my non-aquatic babies:

This is Callisto, my first born. She will be 7 this year - how time flies! She was my first cat ever (my mom is allergic, so never had them growing up) and she's really made me love cats. She's very cuddly but skittish, and absolutely hates my big dog.

This is Ganymede, the problem child. He's going to be 5 this year. He is honestly one of the most beautiful cats I've ever seen - no bias, I swear, lol. I adopted him from a shelter that I volunteered at in college, and knew the minute I saw him as a tiny kitten that he needed to be mine. He has cost me a ridiculous amount of money due to medical problems (bladder crystals, feline herpes) but for the most part they are under control and he is a very spoiled kitty.

This is Titan. He is 3 years old, and a long-haired minature dachshund. He's seriously the love of my life - how can you say no to that face?!? His favorite things in the world are tennis balls.

This is Orion, my foster failure. He's going to be 2 next month, and I think is a German Shepherd/Australian Shepherd/Golden Retriever mix, but your guess is as good as mine. I thought it'd be a fun idea to foster a puppy so Titan could have a friend and after only 5 days I knew I couldn't give him up. He is a big baby, and is completely obsessed with my mom. He thinks he's a little lap dog. :)

And last but not least, Telesto the Pink-toe tarantula (Aviculara aviculara). I got her from a random guy I met in college when she was the size of my thumb nail, and now she's 5 inches across!

My dogs and cats all have their own blogs - I was really good at updating them in 2012 but have been slacking a bit in 2013. If you want to see more pics, click away. :D
Callisto
Ganymede
Titan
Orion
Old 02-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #309 
Viva

My Lionhead rabbit. Shes 26 weeks old here, pic taken 2 weeks ago.

Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #310 
carbonxxkidd

Omg, lion heads are SO ADORABLE. I saw one at Petco for adoption last week and wanted him so bad! Too bad there is no possible way I can have a rabbit right now, haha. Do you have to do anything special for their coats?