Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #1 
Bettagirl101

5 gallon or 2.5 gallon Tank?

Ok so I was cleaning Nemo's bowl today. Nemo is a redish-orangish veiltail (VT) betta. He's fully grown at a whopping 2 inches. (I'm guessing here.) When I turned his bowl over to clean the outside of it the bowl hit the counter top slightly. When the bowl did this a crack formed on the outside of the bowl. The crack starts at the top and curves around to the bottom. Now the bowl can't hold any water. The bowl was about 3 gallons and plenty of room for Nemo to swim in. Luckily, I had a spare 2.5 gallon tank. I cleaned it really well and put Nemo and his decor in it. Now seeing Nemo in it, it seems much to small for him. I want to put him into my 5 g tank but Roy, my other VT, is in it. Roy is not quite 1 inch yet, maybe about .5 inches. Anyway I was wondering if it would be a good idea to move Nemo into the 5 g so he can have more room to swim and put Roy into the 2.5 g since Roy is still little. Would it be a good idea to do this?
Bettagirl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #2 
littlegreen

I'd put the smaller betta in the smaller tank. 8) It would make sense for now. And when he starts getting bigger, then you can consider getting him something new.
littlegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #3 
Bettagirl101

OK. I'll do that. As Roy starts to get bigger I'll look into getting another 3 gallon betta bowl because I don't have room for a 2nd 5 gallon tank. Besides the bowl was kept on the table in the kitchen. So I'll do just that.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

I think it would make sense with their size. But they might get Stressed by the Move.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #5 
Bettagirl101

Yeah I moved them and it did stress them out a little bit. Roy's back tail fin did get ripped a little bit but other than that he's fine. Nemo is doing just fine with his much bigger space. He doesn't even know what to do with all this space. Lol! :)
Old 05-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #6 
teeneythebetta

Yes, It would make more sense. Plus he would LOVE a 5 gallon, especially at his size.

My betta is about 1.25 inches and she is in a 10 gallon and LOVES it.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #7 
Danibunkins

Caesar is definitely right at home with his 5g, and he's probably close to 2 inches. Seeing him in the 2.5g tank just didn't seem like he had enough room, and it was empty of decor at the time.
Danibunkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #8 
Neil D

Another thing you could do would be to get a 10g tank and divide it. That would work too and wouldn't take up too much space.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #9 
Bettagirl101

I would love to do that but sadly I do no have the funds nor the space for a 10 g tank. If I had the funds and the space I would most likely do that, sadly I do not.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #10 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettagirl101 View Post
I would love to do that but sadly I do no have the funds nor the space for a 10 g tank. If I had the funds and the space I would most likely do that, sadly I do not.
That is understandable! If you ever get a place to put one, walmart sells a 10 gallon starter kit (glass tank, filter, hood with light & some samples) for $30, so all else you'd need is a heater. :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nemo, roy, tank, veiltail