Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #1 
viviandponyo

Question How do i do that??

Ok, so now that I jave established that my formerly hermit crab tank is suitable for betta living (thanks guys!) i need to know how I should carry on with cleaning it out and adjusting the water and all that stuff... do u think maybe I can get any help? with luck, maybe guidelines/steps to follow?
Thanks again, luv vivi
viviandponyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #2 
Micho

You can just wash it with hot water and lots of scrubbing! But if you're really worried one part vinegar for every nine parts of water would work, and make it extra safe.

Depending on how big the tank is you may be able to cycle it, if you know your tank's dimension I suggest you type it into this calculator to see how much water it'll hold. 5 gallons and bigger tanks will be able to cycle, if it's smaller than 5 gallons, don't worry about it.

I'm also going to point out about getting a heater, Bettas are tropical fish, and I'm pretty sure that you don't live in a tropical area where the weather is always in the high 80s. So be sure to pick up one, it'll not only heat the water but keep the temperature stable, fluctuations in temperature will kill fish. Along with a heater, get a thermometer to make sure the temperature is where it's supposed to be, those in-tank ones work the best. As for water regular tap water is fine, you'll need to pick up some dechlorinator, I suggest Prime, and Stress Coat.

That's all you need to know really.
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #3 
viviandponyo

omg, i cannot stress how much that helped me.... THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will do everything u say... !!!!<3 my betta!
viviandponyo is offline   Reply With Quote