Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #1 
LebronTheBetta

Betta Fish Training!!!

Do not fear... This is not about Fight Training... This about ACTUAL Training. Training for them to do Tricks!!! You know, like Jumping for Food and Such!!! Most of you probably taught your Betta Fish to do so, and that's okay!!! You could Share and Explain your own Tricks that you taught your own Betta! Like Swimming through a Hoop, or playing Fetch. Yes, Fetch is Possible for them. If Goldfish can do it, then Betta Fish can do it as well!!! I think... Anyways, I have trained my Betta the Most Well-Known Trick. Jumping For Food. I know mostly all of you have Betta Fish that are able to do this. And that is the reason that I have made this Training Thread!!!
To be able to Teach Betta Fish to do more than just Jump For Food.
Even more than that. More Tricks that they could do, the more that we know that they are even more Intelligent than we thought. I know what you are thinking, "So they are just doing Stuff for food, right?" Not Really.
Don't you want to prove that Betta Fish are actually Smart? Don't you want to prove that they have are NOT JUST FISH? When people think Fish, mostly they think of Goldfish.
The reason is, I want to prove that Betta Fish are just as smart as their Golden Counterparts. What better way to prove than Impressive Tricks?
What, Brain Waves? No. Just please, share your Trick. Explain how to do it. And Make Sure it's not Jumping For Food. I'm also sorry if this is stupid.
The REAL MAIN REASON is that I want to Impress People of how Smart Betta Fish actually are. I hope you feel this way too. I just want people to know how Smart and Fun they are. Just please Share the Trick and how to do it. Thanks for taking your time to read this! ;P
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #2 
chibir3dpanda

Well somehow my dad has managed to train my betta Lazlo to swim around in circles around his little "betta leaf" (suction cup leaf that he can lay on.) for food while flaring. It's actually really funny. I'm not quite sure how my dad did it but I think its because Lazlo was just impatient and wanted food lol
chibir3dpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #3 
LebronTheBetta

Awww... That's cute. ;) I really need to buy that Betta Hammock thing.
Mostly Everyone seems to have it... I'm gonna try that if I get to buy those things.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #4 
Danibunkins

I would be careful with the betta hammock. I've heard really mixed reviews on it. Some have had it degrade and cut their betta's fins.

As for tricks, I haven't taught Caesar any yet ... I will, once I feel he's settled a little more. Right now he's still getting used to his new tank, and hasn't even swum through his hidey hole yet. But he's pretty aggressive, and not much afraid of anything so I am not super surprised by that, really.
Danibunkins is offline   Reply With Quote