Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #1 
Alcemistnv

Thank you bettas :)

Didn't realize til now exactly how much Buddha has made an impact on my view on fish. I used to loathe them, but now the thought of losing Buddha scares me. I love him, and I can't wait to get some more in the future.

I have to check on him everyday now and I tell him everyday how much I care for him and that I hope he'll last for at least a full year.

Yay for bettas :)
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #2 
Tango

They can live for a lot longer than a year if you take care of them.
If you give them a big tank (5 gallons- 19 L), condition the water and test it, dont over feed them and do water changes every week they can live for up to 5 years if taken care of properly and i have even herd a few people have had males into the ten year mark ( thats pritty exceptional thou) :) I hope that you have many year of fishy hanging around :)
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #3 
Bombalurina

If you loathed them, how did you get into them? :) I love a good conversion story. :p
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote