Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #1 
nel3

does any one still keep old tech media?

i know all the rave these recent years are on smart phones, MP3, IPADS, IPODS, IWATCHAMACALLITS etc. most of of these new items are what most people use an own. does anyone still use the old and "obsolete" radios and music players?

i have a ZEN mp3 player thats a few years old and havent gotten into the Apple products and smartphones. i doubt i will get into the smart phones and Apple. im currently using a dell inspiron600 which is atleast 6yrs old, its showing its age in processor speed but im satisfied with it for the most part. will need to get a desktop as the coolong fan bearing are worn out eventually. im not much into the newest tech but i do keep the old tech, i have a coca cola cassette player from mid 90s that needs a contact cleaning, 2 discman (1 brittish model), they're probably mid 90s also. i dont use either of those 3.

i do use a small am fm radio that is maybe 20yrs old???? and i still love it. its about half inch thick and can be touchy regarding signal recption but ive dropped it accidentally from 4ft high 3 times and the thing still works perfectly . its about 1/2 inch thick, GE 7-1990A and about $25 on the market. it does have some plastic fatigue from old age and the protective cap for the plug is long gone. it runs on a single AAA battery. im not sure of the actual age but i cant tell for sure when it was made. does anyone else have such old devices they use even with the new mp3 players readily available?

Last edited by nel3; 05-23-2012 at 08:14 PM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #2 
Bombalurina

We still have the majority of our movies on VHS. We are gradually upgrading. We also have a number of tapes (and a tape player). I still use CDs.

My iPod is 5 years old - does that count? :p It's a 30gb classic, so it's pretty outdated. :p I was never allowed a Walkman or Discman (I wasn't into music back then) so it was my first portable device. :)

Since my camera is all broken, my phone keeps pocket dialing and I can't keep all the things I would like on my iPod, it looks like I'll be getting a 64gb iPhone. Not because it's trendy, not because I'm a slave to the i-cult, just because, for me, it is the most practical option. I can tell you now, I have no interest in any of the apps I've seen so far except the weather. :p
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #3 
nel3

idcount that as old, my MP3 player is around that also. i did use cassette until a year ago. the tape was getting caught inside the radio. the only up-to-date thing i have is the canon Powershot ELPH 300HS. i got 2 older digital cameras but they're not as good. as far as i can tell, that blue radio is the oldest thing i have. probably made in 1989 (not 100% sure) as far as ive info ive found so far.

Last edited by nel3; 05-23-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #4 
Bombalurina

Wow, it's older than I am! :p
Old 05-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #5 
Micho

I have my Gameboy Color here somewhere. . -goes digging-

Along with that I also have the Gameboy Advance SP, and a Sony MP3 player, it looks like a USB and you just plug it in the USB port and you can add new songs and charge it, so simple back then.

Hrm, my sister has a discman somewhere in this house.
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #6 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I still play the good old playstation every now and then. :) we have ps3 but the original has charm.
Also have an NES, now that's old, and tons of fun. I have a bunch of games with no instructions that I got at a flea market and I just run around clueless. xD
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #7 
Bombalurina

I have a USB that only holds 64kb somewhere. We may even have a floppy disc.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:20 PM   #8 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Wow, it's older than I am! :p
i thought i was younger than the radio until recently ie few days ago. turns out im just 3 yrs older than the radio it self.

i still have a gameboy color and the blk/white game boy also. i also loved playing N64 and i sorely miss the NES that got fried when played during a thunderstorm around15 yrs??? ago. the NES got fried from a surge and that was it. i really missed playing TMNT and super mario bros on the NES. i do envy you Olympia for owning a NES.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #9 
Silverfang

No more floppy's, but some 15+ year old CDs.
I had a disc man or two, and I went through at least 12 Walkmans.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #10 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea, I'm surprised it works. It was my aunts when she was a kid. I love Mario bros. Though I have the first one from the NES (first Mario game ever?) and it sucks because you can't save your progress. My mom used to leave the thing running over night so she could continue the next day! I myself got pretty good at the Jaws game. :D
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote