Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #1 
bettaboytroy

Spawn log, 3rd attempt plus name my female.

My 1st attempt which was recorded here resulted in many embraces (3 days worth) but the female refused to drop eggs.

My second attempt which I hoped to record after I got eggs also failed. I tried the shock method on this pair by introducing them to the breeding tank at the same time. To my knowledge after ample time together there was never an attempt to breed other than a very small bubble nest. I removed the fish when the male seemed to become annoyed with her and she needed to spend most of her time hiding.

So this is my last attempt for a little while as I will have tried all my females. If I get babies GREAT! If not I will need to start reconditioning and maybe go out and purchase 2-3 more females to build up my sorority tank again. It's mosquito season here and that is the one thing I have not been able to duplicate from last years successful breeding... Feeding freshly "slapped" adult mosquitoes!

I have not yet named my female crowntail pictured below. Taking suggestions. Hopefully one of her names will be "Mommy"!

My male Toki

My female. Name suggestions?
Attached Images

bettaboytroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #2 
Mo

Good luck!

Just one note. He female is very stressed as you can see with her stripes, and doesn't look fit for breeding. Also I opulent breed that pair anyways..
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #3 
bettaboytroy

Yes she is stressed in the photo. I just moved her from her tank to her holding container moments before the picture. I have bred this male with a crowntail before and the babies were beautiful. I realize this is not a pair that the pros would put together because of the finnage. But I don't mind.

Not sure what you mean by opulent breed?
Old 05-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #4 
Mo

Sorry. It was a typo. I meant to say I wouldn't breed that pair anyways. Mainly because if the long anal and rounded edges
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #5 
bettaboytroy

Released the female tonight at 7:30 P.M. The first 10 minutes are going well. Both fish taking turns chasing each other. I would go as far as to say their not chasing but wanting the other one to follow. Lots of showing off by both fish and female is showing vertical striping.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #6 
jeffegg2

Cool

How about "Tank Girl"? I love the movie! And she has spiky hair! Hehe...

Jeff.
jeffegg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #7 
bettasusa

Very nice pair babies should be interesting! Name suggestion for female blue widow good luck!
bettasusa is offline   Reply With Quote