Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #1 
Tazo

Tank Too Cluttered? Opinions?

I'm going on Saturday to pick up a betta, so I've been working on arranging my tank. I have a bridge and a mason jar in there right now, and a couple of small plants, but I'm thinking of adding some things...
I want to add a couple of taller plants to hide the heater wire/the heater itself behind the bridge. I also might grab a few more of those little plants since I like them so much...

My question is; is this too cluttered? I added the mason jar last night, and I'm not sure if I like it... It looks cool, but it takes up a lot of space. I could easily save it for a bigger tank... I have a few options here:
- Take the mason jar out, add the other plants.
- Take the bridge out, add the other plants.
- Leave everything in, but don't add anything else.
- Add the other plants and leave it as is.
I'm not sure :/. By the way, that plastic thing on the filter is a water bottle baffle that I modified to work with this model. There /is/ a thermometer in there, you can see it on the wall behind the jar. And those plants aren't actually sharp, I tested them with pantyhose. The gems aren't sharp either.
Tazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:55 AM   #2 
lelei

Hi, well, seeing the size of the jar, I would say a little too big, like the bridge tho, and the plants, but yea a little wider and taller in the back, and possibly a real plant, a small or med one..and mix and match colors --btw..what color betta do you have in mind to get?
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #3 
Sheldon31

I'd check those gem stones for sharp edges too. Sometimes those things can snag fins and tails.
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #4 
lelei

Also if you keep the heater in a vertical position, it makes the tank look bigger, and you will have more room for plants, what style is your tank, a minibow..(looks like) check the dimensions of the tank, Hgt, and width..so you can see what plants would work best..
Old 05-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #5 
ZackyBear

I'm more worried about the stones but it looks fine to me. o.o
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #6 
Tazo

Hahaha the plants are purple because my roommate LOVES that color... we're going with a purple theme here. We're probably going to go for a blue, black, or white fish.
Those gem stones aren't sharp at all, as I said... I don't think we'll be getting any real plants, we don't have the light for them and I have extremely bad luck with keeping them alive xD.
I don't know if I want to switch the heater position. I've heard that leaving it horizontal and near the bottom means that you don't have to take it out when doing water changes.

I think I'm going to take the jar out, though... the more I look at it the less I like it.

EDIT: I'll repeat it. Those are aquarium gems that are /extremely/ smooth. They look sharper because of the way the flash bounces off of them. I literally massacred pantyhose with them got not even a run, so I think a fish will be fine xD

Last edited by Tazo; 05-24-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Tazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #7 
ZackyBear

Aha, I didn't see that part about the gems, sorry xD But over all, it looks fine. Your betta has a lot of space to swim in as well as explore -w-
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #8 
a123andpoof

I have that same bridge and my fish loves it, but being your tank is so colorful I think I would get a more colorful cave. Just a suggestion. If you have a walmart they sell colorful caves for like $3. Or petco or petsmart may have something. Just might make it even brighter. And I would take the mason jar out its just a little big, but otherwise I love it!

Did you buy the black rock with the neon colored rocks or did you mix that yourself?
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #9 
lelei

Just some Ideas..

Our Sammy loves this tall plant I ordered on Amazon..very soft, and that is him resting on it.. and the one to the left, dk blue wispy one, is from Petco..and it's tall, and very soft, and very comfortable to rest on..I also have a tall Red silk big leaf in the background..that he loves soo much also from Petco..(silk plants are beautiful and soft in the water)

Old 05-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #10 
bettalover2000

Just be sure that the jar is at least 1/2" away from the edge or your Betta might get smashed between.
bettalover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote