Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #1 
Cyndih70

He can be so opinionated!!

Here's a new one for ya.... I have Sushi in a 3 gallon, cylindrical tank. It was 360* views. Every single time I get up to walk around, he wakes from his little nap, cause he can see everything that goes on. So...I decided to take a pillowcase, dark blue, and drape it over the back side of the tank, covering the little area where we likes to nestle in for a nap. Im thinking, that will help to stop disturbing him, with every movement I make.
He's swimming around flaring at it!! Its like it's driving him crazy. I swear he's saying "Mom, if you don't take down this curtain, I'm gonna throw a grand maul fit!"

Any thoughts on this...should I just let it go til he gets tired of flaring at it...or should I take it down and not be worried about disturbing him all the time?
Cyndih70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

Oh trust me, I have a bunch of fish downstairs and upstairs. None of mine cared that they saw me a LOT xD only grumpy Georgie, who is beside my computer. But he is always grumpy If anything, leave the pillow case for now, if he continues to flare for the day remove it. It could also be making his reflection more apparent?
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #3 
lelei

Sounds like our tank, and if I come in the room, or leave, he just wants to see where I am going, then if he sees me come back in the room, he goes back to rest,..it's a comfort to see that they are keen to our whereabouts..and just saying ..mommy don't leave me..I don't use anything..just turn down the lights, or use more plants in the area that is brighter.
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #4 
Sceven

I agree with Sena, it's probably making his reflection more apparent.
Sceven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:05 AM   #5 
deso

Darker colours do make it easier for them to see their reflections. Use a white pillowcase or dish towel if you need to calm him down.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote