Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-24-2012, 06:19 PM   #1 
SweetNightmare

New Tank...?!

Okay, so at work today, a woman walks up to me with a complete aqueon minibow, with gravel and fake plants, gives it to me, and leaves. So I'm now the proud owner of a new aqueon minibow 2.5. What should I do with it? My first thought is NEW BETTA!!!!!! but idk how thrilled the boyfriend would be with it. Plus, if I got a new betta I would want a halfmoon, and no one around here sells them. What else can I do with a tank this small? Would an incandescent light support plant growth? Should I do a shrimp tank? I just dunno. What are y'all's opinions?
SweetNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #2 
Leeniex

Betta.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #3 
Bombalurina

I'd try an NPT with a pretty betta and lots of shrimps. :) You may be able to find a not-too-expensive HM on aquabid, if you're game for online shopping.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #4 
SweetNightmare

My only problem with online shopping is that I'm keeping fish on the sly, so it's hard to explain "I know you said no fish, but I'm expecting a live fish in the mail, watch for it while I'm at work". I might take home a red boy with a bluish body from my work that we were keeping in one of the tropical tanks, but we'll see. Maybe I can get my work to order one for me.

Any suggestions on plants for a 2.5? It'll be a while before it's fully planted but I can start planning now.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #5 
SweetNightmare

And also, is there any point to the filter it came with?
Old 05-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #6 
ZackyBear

Petco and Petsmart are a good place to find either HM, HMDT, DT, HMPK.
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #7 
SweetNightmare

I'll keep that in mind. I'm thinking of doing anubias nana, java moss, some baby java ferns from my current ferns, and micro sword for the plants. Still trying to find somewhere to buy small amounts of top soil.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #8 
SarahandOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetNightmare View Post
My only problem with online shopping is that I'm keeping fish on the sly, so it's hard to explain "I know you said no fish, but I'm expecting a live fish in the mail, watch for it while I'm at work". I might take home a red boy with a bluish body from my work that we were keeping in one of the tropical tanks, but we'll see. Maybe I can get my work to order one for me.

Any suggestions on plants for a 2.5? It'll be a while before it's fully planted but I can start planning now.
I know what you mean, I went from 1 fish to 5 fish in a month and have had to upgrade all of their tanks (my place looks like a pet store at the moment).... We live in a small granny flat and I've been put on a fish ban so I have to smuggle everything I need in through the bathroom window or when he's asleep, and then there are 2 more boys I've fallen in love with..... I'm gonna be the crazy old betta lady. Can you keep a fish at work??? I'm in the process of trying to convince my boss we need office mascots he he...
SarahandOscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #9 
SweetNightmare

Haha, I work at a petstore, so I doubt they'd have a problem, I'd just have to get ALL the managers to say okay.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #10 
SarahandOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetNightmare View Post
Haha, I work at a petstore, so I doubt they'd have a problem, I'd just have to get ALL the managers to say okay.
Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!(jealous) I was actually thinking of a career change till I realised I'd never have any money, my house would be a zoo and I cant save the world haha make a competition for the managers to name him so they'd be more inclined to say yes hahaha
SarahandOscar is offline   Reply With Quote