Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #11 
MaggieLynn

the cheese: He/she was like that when i bought him/her. I use stress coat. He/she had clamped fins and the red gills at petco.
MaggieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #12 
Sena Hansler

Then definitely ammonia poisoning/burn. The red gills, is basically the burn and may take a long time to heal. Suzi never quite healed from it, and Sarah's dorsal never grew back.

Basically, if you can get the baby to eat give it lots of good food - frozen brine, bloodworms, and even frozen daphnia. Hikari makes good pellets, jsut make sure whatever pellets you use are high in protein Water changes will be a must, I suggets daily mainly because it is a baby, and it will help so much!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #13 
MaggieLynn

Did a water change already and will do one before bed, I have hikari micro pellets and hikari first bites, gilly wont eat the micro pellets but attacks the first bites, i offered some last night and it looked like he/she wanted some his/her mouth was going nuts. I also have the the frozen blood worms and brine shrimp, my mom wonders why i buy so much stuff, ill try those tonight around feeding time so everyone gets a treat. so far still alive and doesnt look worse
Old 05-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #14 
Sena Hansler

That's good. Even if he looks the same, it's better than looking worse!!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #15 
ao
TFK Moderator

My baby got ich right when she got home from petco. I didnt even know what to medicate such a tiny thing for. I ended up using kordon ich attack, aquarium salt and a waterchange every half a day. i think the water changes really helped her recover. I never even saw the brave thing flash with all thpse spots covering her. baby betta are definitely just as much the mini warriors their parents are

I wish you all the best!
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #16 
MaggieLynn

Thanks so much, just got home from being out with the parents going to do another water change and check on gilly
Old 05-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #17 
MaggieLynn

Gillian Passed away some time last night. Kinda saw it coming, i was back at petco again the other day and the baby bettas they just got in were bigger and looked healthier than gillian. So back to 8, dont know if i want to get another one.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #18 
ao
TFK Moderator

:( oh well atleast there was someone to love it for a while
ao is offline   Reply With Quote