Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #1 
PaintingPintos

Smile How much do you love bettas?

I love Omelette so much. So so so so so much! Whenever I see him I get happy because he dances (even though it might just be for food). He gets depressed if I'm not in my room enough to entertain him. He has more personality than my goldfish! And that's saying something (my goldies differ hugely and they're personality-filled).....I just love bettas so much!
So how much do you love bettas? Are you on this forum because your aunt gave you her 4 year old betta she doesn't want anymore and you just need to know how to take care of it? Are you here because your best friend's fish got fin rot and you don't know what to do? Are you here because you love bettas so so much that you have 50000000000000000000000000 bettas and you breed them and supply every pet store chain in your country with bettas?
Hehe....so how much do you love bettas then?
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:54 PM   #2 
thekinetic

I'm here because I'm remembering a love I lost along the way that has found me again!
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #3 
MollyJean

I'm here because a betta is as close as you can get to having a mermaid (Or merman) in your house. And I've loved both (merpeople and fishies) for as long as I can remember.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #4 
thekoimaiden

I do love bettas quite a bit, but they aren't my favorite fish. Koi, goldfish, sturgeon, and eel loaches come before bettas in my list of favorites. But they are in my top 5.

I'm mostly here because well I love bettas. I don't have nearly as many as some users her, but I've got more other fish than most. I also enjoy the company of people who don't see bettas as "easy fish" or throwaway fish. Even some aquarists have this opinion of these fish.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:24 AM   #5 
Enkil

I adore my bettas. Bought 6 breeders from a breeder. Bought a little HMPK male because I thought he was a girl. XD He quickly stole my heart and became my favorite. I'm even getting a bunch more! So I'm here because I love them and plan on breeding.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #6 
SageMyster

I love Bettas so much, my parents think I am "unhealthy" obsessed. But how can I help it? Once the Betta bug has bitten, you can never go back!
SageMyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #7 
dbooknook

I love betta fish so much that my friends think I have a problem(and they have betta fish themselves).
dbooknook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #8 
Sheldon31

I love all my little buddies. Especially ky my lush blue boy. I love how impressively massive he is, how when he flares he looks like a king, I love the way both my bettas chew their food! I've never seen a fish chew flakes. I love their observant natures and how different each one is. And I love their beauty. Betta are the most rewarding of fish.
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:09 AM   #9 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
I'm mostly here because well I love bettas. I don't have nearly as many as some users her, but I've got more other fish than most. I also enjoy the company of people who don't see bettas as "easy fish" or throwaway fish. Even some aquarists have this opinion of these fish.
This. Every time someone at the local fish club suggests I graduate to "real" fish, I make this face. http://www.sodahead.com/entertainmen..._2_xlarge.jpeg
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:13 AM   #10 
Sheldon31

As opposed to fake fish? Lol
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote