Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #11 
Sheldon31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I don't understand why people have to use the Internet to spew all kinds of hateful things.
This ^^ I get quite a lot of stick for being female and enjoying horror movies. My horror movie forum is full of women and most of them like stuff which is far more extreme than the stuff I go for and they said the stick they get for it is amazing. Lots of sexism in the movie world. I hate the "get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich" jokes. They royally peev me off. My other half isn't as liberal as me but he's very accepting of people and who they are as he was braught up with multi racial families and has gay relatives. My biggest hate is the statement "I'm not homophobic, my brothers gay". Doesn't mean your nasty jokes are acceptable!

Rant over :D
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #12 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon31 View Post
This ^^ I get quite a lot of stick for being female and enjoying horror movies. My horror movie forum is full of women and most of them like stuff which is far more extreme than the stuff I go for and they said the stick they get for it is amazing. Lots of sexism in the movie world. I hate the "get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich" jokes. They royally peev me off. My other half isn't as liberal as me but he's very accepting of people and who they are as he was braught up with multi racial families and has gay relatives. My biggest hate is the statement "I'm not homophobic, my brothers gay". Doesn't mean your nasty jokes are acceptable!

Rant over :D
My brother is gay and I love him or I have gay friends and love themLol, that is the biggest lie homophobes use.
xShainax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #13 
thekinetic

I'm not a member of facebook due to all it's virus problems or I would report it but I do have family who are so, done!

I am also gay and tired of hearing people spew hate speach!
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #14 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
I'm not a member of facebook due to all it's virus problems or I would report it but I do have family who are so, done!

I am also gay and tired of hearing people spew hate speach!
UGH, it's disgusting how much hate people spew
Old 05-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #15 
Laki

Virus problems with facebook?? What browser do you use?? And you can make your settings pretty tight, coupled with not adding everything that asks you to and by not playing the games :) Facebook is a part of my life now, I must admit. I check it multiple times, I don't usually take part in the fads that circulate bc I think they're stupid and I don't just add everybody on fb to have a high "friend" count..
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

I used to play some of the games but I don't any more since getting my Kindle.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #17 
betta lover1507

i don't see whats wrong about gay marriage :P so am against it.

and yeah FB is a great way to get the word to anything (sarcasm)
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:22 PM   #18 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
My brother is gay and I love him or I have gay friends and love themLol, that is the biggest lie homophobes use.
"I'm not sexist, my mother is a woman."

To be honest, though, I'm not sure why you're all riled up over this page. It's not hate speech - they aren't bashing homosexuals, just saying that they don't agree with the practice of homosexuality, or support homosexual marriage. Yes, they are a bit childish in their approach to it, but they aren't using "hate" speech or insults. They are just stating their opinion.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:25 PM   #19 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
"I'm not sexist, my mother is a woman."

To be honest, though, I'm not sure why you're all riled up over this page. It's not hate speech - they aren't bashing homosexuals, just saying that they don't agree with the practice of homosexuality, or support homosexual marriage. Yes, they are a bit childish in their approach to it, but they aren't using "hate" speech or insults. They are just stating their opinion.
They had a picture of a noose that said "The solution to gays and lesbians"
Old 05-26-2012, 11:50 PM   #20 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Sadly this is the downfall of human society. They can argue that they have freedom of speech. Are we to deny them an opinion? Does THAT not go against human rights?
Are they hurting people? Yes. So many gay people, teens mostly, have committed suicide in America due to people like them. But they are killing indirectly, there is no feasible in court proof of that being their fault. Legally they are doing nothing wrong.
It's a vicious circle. And no, I'm not trying to defend them, in my opinion there is nothing wrong with gay marriage. In their opinion there is. I can make a page in memory of gay teens that died because of judgemental people.. They can make a judgemental page.
Facebook is an independent organization and they can (and probably will) decide that they don't want stuff like this being spread through them. It's like how I can't go post a poster in a store without the store's permission.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote