Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #31 
Bethydan

Quote:
I think I am going to bi-sexually feed my fish. xD
I laughed so hard at this. I have a close coworker who is lesbian, and to be honest neither of us ever discussed it at first. I didn't really know until she introduced her partner and I was like, "Okay. That's cool." I guess it just wasn't something that either of us gave a real crap about bringing up. It's not like I go around introducing myself as a straight person. And my eventually-to-be-husband is Mexican. I'm white as white. Sometimes I forget that interracial marriage wasn't FULLY legalized in the US until the late 60's. I can't imagine not having the option to legally and publicly commit myself to him. And being condemned for loving him. Which I sadly am by some relatives I'm sure. So I can't justify condemning anybody else's marriage wishes. As long as children or animals aren't involved, I don't care who or what people fall in love with. And I suspect that a cardboard cutout of Jabba the Hut would be a much better life partner than some living people anyway.
Bethydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #32 
xShainax

Thought someone would enjoy my joke :P
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #33 
dramaqueen
Banned

I haven an idiot neighbor who has afriend who is gay. When she talks about him she refers to him as her gay friend. I think that's so tacky. One time he came to town and her daughter had a bbq and invited another gay guy "to make Russell feel more comfortable ". That's ridiculous.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #34 
Bethydan

Oh, that's nothing. My grandparents always refer to a non-white person by their race. A woman becomes "that black girl." Not even A WOMAN. Like their parents didn't name them a specific name for them to just be called, "that Mexican guy." Who's probably not even from Mexico. And my grandmother's dentist is black, so every single time she talks about him, she refers to him as her "young black dentist." Every time. I'll admit. I have a hard time keeping a straight face.
Bethydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #35 
lvandert

My sister is gay and happily with her partner. They moved to Cali just before they repealed the gay marriage law, but couldn't get the things together in time. They want to have a traditional wedding (which takes forever to plan out). I reported this page as well. I'm sorry some of my best friends where gay/bi/transsexual in high school. Some where shy, and others were loud and proud. My favorite was when guys would pick on my transsexual friend (going guy to girl), he'd end up grossing them out so much because he'd just call them cute or sexy.

People are going to be who they want to be, and I don't believe anyone has the right to tell them no if it doesn't directly involve them. So what if they get married? Whats it going to do to you? Are they going to sneak into your house at night and infect your children?! No, their going to stay home, cook themselves dinner and cuddle watching a movie, JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER COUPLE...
sorry This is a sore subject and hits close to home for me, so I tend to go off a bit lol...
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #36 
xShainax

I am known as one of the whitest blacks. xD My dad was black and puerto rican. I got my moms German DNA. I have blue eyes and white skin. i was even blond while I was a baby
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #37 
lvandert

I have a few friends like that and they are funnier than heck. They love to mess with people by being British proper one moment and then thug the next. I would fall off my chair I was laughing so hard.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #38 
dramaqueen
Banned

Ive known a lot of gay people over the years and I'm friends with one guy that I sort of knew from when I lived in Colorado. He's the cousin of another friend. He is so funny and a very nice person.
On the subject of race living in Kentucky we deal with prejudice all the time. We had a friend here from Colorado who is Mexican American. He went to two different restaurants one evening to watch basketball games and they totally ignored him and wouldn't wait on him! I mean come on, this isn't the50 s or 60s when stuff was marked whites only.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote