Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #1 
lizzi02

I'm just kind of confused...

Voldemort is almost done with day 3 at my house. I just got him/her some frozen bloodworms today. At first he just slurped 3 down like spaghetti. I changed his water (100%), and I'm trying to feed him about 4-6 hours later. I just tried to warm up the bloodworms the best I could, but he isn't eating them, so they just sink to the bottom of his tank. I feel bad for disturbing his water so often to keep getting the bloodworms out, especially after doing his first water change. How do I get the bloodworms out without disturbing him so much?

I'd also appreciate any feeding tips for fry. I keep finding tips for adult betta, and I'm not sure if it's the same or different for fry. Thanks so much in advance!
lizzi02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:51 PM   #2 
thekoimaiden

The easiest way to spot-clean an aquarium is with a turkey baster. Sometimes pet stores will sell them at a elevated price, but you can find one at the grocery store for much cheaper.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:00 AM   #3 
Bombalurina

Make sure that bloodworms aren't his primary diet. :) They are like chocolate for us - they want it all the time, but it isn't what they need. :p
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:10 AM   #4 
ao
TFK Moderator

I don't mind disturbing my babies, the human interaction is good for taming them. I have a half gallon and just cup the kids and siphon everything out when I do water changes. My tanks are planted so the water quality doesn't go down too quickly too soon. And I feed them on a mix of pelleted and flake foods. I crush everything into tiny pieces. I gave my last box of frozen bloodworms away when my female refused to eat tgem, but I think I'll get some new ones for the male
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #5 
lizzi02

Thanks guys :) I'll have to get a turkey baster soon (won't be able to until tomorrow, but that isn't too long anyway). I'll keep trying the flakes I have. He doesn't seem to like them, but he'll have to stick through until tomorrow :)

Last edited by lizzi02; 05-31-2012 at 08:14 AM.
lizzi02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #6 
Danibunkins

If he doesn't like flakes, try getting pellets instead. Caesar didn't care for flakes, and if I remember correctly, pellets are actually a better diet for them.
Danibunkins is offline   Reply With Quote