Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #1 
Cassie1121

Baffle Fluval Chi Filter?

Hi All!

Has anyone successfully baffled a Fluval Chi tank filter? Due to the filter location and the fact that the filter/lights are all in one, I can't figure out what to do. I've read up on the different methods (sponges, water bottle, panty hose, etc), but I just don't know how to make it work for this tank.

The tank is fully cycled and I've just added my Betta to it yesterday, but he seems to just hang out in the back where the flow isn't as strong. He rarely swims down and around, but when he does he looks like he is working way too hard!

Any ideas would be awesome...I really like the tank and all of this space it offers my little Betta to swim around. Thanks!!
Cassie1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:09 AM   #2 
XxBettaLoverxX

Welcome to the forum!

Well, the rocks that came with the tank, I use a flat disc one that came in the bunch and place it right on top where the water comes out. You just have the play with it to get it perfect.

Or you can get a piece of air hose tubing used for air stones and put it straight into where the water comes (not too deep) then curve it down into the water of the tank and use one of these: http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2752254 to place it agaisnt one of the walls of the tank and the water can just be powerful in that one spot and your betta can have the rest of the tank to swim freely.

I would also suggest a cover for the tank, as bettas have a bad habit of jumping. Cover: http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CGAQ8wIwAA

Hope this helps :) Good luck!

Last edited by XxBettaLoverxX; 05-31-2012 at 05:11 AM.
XxBettaLoverxX is offline   Reply With Quote