Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #1 
FateError

2 questions here

What's a good filter for a 3 gal tank? I was considering on buying one. And also, how do I enhance my fish color? He's not dull or anything, but I would like to enhance his colors if possible.
FateError is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

You should only have a Filter for 5+ Gallons. Below, and it's too hard to maintain the Perimeters. Just do 2-3 Water Changes a Week, and your Tank would be fine.
For the Enhancing Color, you could buy some Enhance Coloring Food. Such as Pellets or Flakes. Great Temperatures and Perimeters should Enhance it more.
Including a Rich Protein Diet might do the Trick. Hope this Helped!!! ;)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #3 
FateError

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
You should only have a Filter for 5+ Gallons. Below, and it's too hard to maintain the Perimeters. Just do 2-3 Water Changes a Week, and your Tank would be fine.
For the Enhancing Color, you could buy some Enhance Coloring Food. Such as Pellets or Flakes. Great Temperatures and Perimeters should Enhance it more.
Including a Rich Protein Diet might do the Trick. Hope this Helped!!! ;)
Yes this does help. Thank you!! Is there a certain brand you recommend for color enhancer? I've been told to use vita-chem.
FateError is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

Recommended Brands??? Uh...
Well, I use Tetramin Betta Pellets but I don't see any Enhancing. Neither my Aqueon Tropical Flakes and Omega One Bloodworm.
Maybe the Good Brands, like Hikari, New Life Spectrum, and Attison's and so on have Color Enhancers that work. The Good Brands might help you with that. I can't help you with anything else, Sorry... :(
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #5 
Thomasdog

New Life Spectruem Betta Pellets is what I feed and my fish LOVE it! They all have wonderful colors and never pass on it! If possible, feed him BS. They will give a ton of proteind and help with his fins and color becuase he will be more healthy. (Right?)
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #6 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

You'll find things like dark substrate, heavy planting, and floating surface plants that cause lower lighting will brighten a fish, as they make it feel more comfortable and secure, reducing stress.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:04 PM   #7 
Bombalurina

Actually, it's perfectly fine to have a filter in any size tank. It just won't cycle. :) It will prevent you from having to do 100% water changes, which you need to do if you go filterless. I like air-driven sponge filters as they have a lot of surface area without taking up heaps of room in the tank, and don't give off a big current.

"Colour enhancing" stuff is worthless unless it is also high-protein, with fishmeal as it's first ingredient. Those brands that Lebron mentioned, such as Attison's, Hikari and NLS, are all good. :)

Warm water will also enhance colours. Aim for 80F. The right lighting and decor can also make certain colours pop. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote