Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #1 
ZackyBear

I Finally got it!

So a few days ago I got a HMDT betta from Petco that I named Portal Prime. But on the vid and pictures you couldn't see the beautiful blue that covers part of his body.

I hope flash isn't bad for fish, but he didn't seem affected by it. P.S - The rock is no longer in his tank. I replaced it with a pineapple that you will see in the last picture. It was the only cave I could find with holes big enough to where he wouldn't get stuck or tear his fins.

When I put my finger up to the tank he flares and hide inside of it xD

But anyways!!!! Here is the blue on his body!

IMAG0065 by shibyxD, on Flickr

IMAG0063 by shibyxD, on Flickr

IMAG0068 by shibyxD, on Flickr

Does his coloring have a classification or is it one of those 'it's random' things? I wish I could breed him to see if it's possible to make the orange and blue more vibrant x.x but I don't have the time for it. Already pushing my limits with raising platy fry x.x
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #2 
Madcapp

Oh wow he's beautiful! I love the shiney gold color in his fins and the deep blue, and the lining of the blue on the fins.
Madcapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:09 PM   #3 
ZackyBear

Thank you :3

Also, after taking a closer look at his fins I realized he may have fin rot. Since his dorsal already looks a bit ragged I'm going to start an AQ treatment tomorrow morning :(

Don't want to take any chances and wait and then realize it reached his body x.x
Old 05-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #4 
Twilight Storm

Pretty boy. :) I don't have problems with a flash for pictures except with one of my guys who is very light sensitive, or newly purchased that day fish that I don't want to stress out.

Yeah his dorsal looks kinda scary all shredded like that in the back. I can't tell how close to his body the damage goes but good catch. :)
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:37 PM   #5 
laoshun

nice find!
laoshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:25 AM   #6 
Bettaluver4evr

His body certainly doesn't look damaged! His top fin looks more torn than anything else! I don'tbelieve he has fin rot but if you want to take extra precautions then I believe the correct dose is one tsp. per gallon and daily 100% water changes.
Now to the fun stuff! He is stunning! Big full and fairly even lobes. His dorsal will be beautiful when it heals. His coloring is called mustard gas - deep yellow paired with dark blue. :)
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:48 AM   #7 
Kim

He is absolutely stunning!!!
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #8 
a123andpoof

Wow! What a beautiful boy! His colors are so bright!

I just bought that tank at a garage sale! I love it! My only problem was when the water got to the top near the black trim it leaked. But I am going to assume that was from use! Whats your opionion on it?
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:36 AM   #9 
ZackyBear

@Twilight Storm - That's a big relief for me, but I'll try to keep the flashing to a minimum. But the only way to get that darn blue to show is flash xD

@Bettaluver4evr - Thanks a bunch~ Hopefully it will clear up easily and not put up a fight. Also, Mustard gas? O.o woah...I-I LOVE mustard gas!! I wish I could hug him, now!

@a123andpoof - I really love it! I keep my water level an inch and a half away from the black lining (and with that pineapple in there it's actually a bit less water). It's a pain to heat, and it's too small to use a filter (tried baffling and it was hopeless). I love how I can fit it on my nightstand, too! Only thing I have to worry about is cleaning it every 2-3 days because of the condensation that build up on the lid and drips into the water.

In the end, it's perfect for any long-finned betta as long as you can keep up the water changes. Also, be careful when cleaning it! The light is not water proof! x.x Found that out the hard way...
Old 05-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #10 
a123andpoof

Yeah, I did notice the condinsation built up quick. Might just have to wipe the lid down.

Thanks for the tip on the light. I don't think I will use it much though. Yeah I have it on a small shelving unit next to my bed. I had planned to get a long finned betta for it, but ended up with a king plakat. Will eventually get a delta or halfmoon for it lol
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote