Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #11 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat View Post
Thanks for all the advice guys. I tried the multiple female method in the larger tank after throwing in more oak leaves. You cant overdue oak leaves right? And I think I got eggs not sure but he is acting like it and I dont want to over disturb him.
indjo- I am glad I dont have males like that sounds like a whole lot of trouble...
He killed 3 already, and all were in the tank for less than a day. Plants jammed into one half of the tank didn't help much. He always got to them. It took me almost 2 weeks just to get him to calm down. When I eventually got eggs, he was too tired to care for them.

I hope no one has to experience a killer like him - it's frustrating.

Not sure about breeding (using too many leaves). It will effect the pH, though as long as it's stable, it shouldn't be that big a problem. But it will also form thick film on the water surface which may affect the adults - not sure if this is harmful to the fry. .... I only use them for sick fish.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote