Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #11 
ANHEL123

i would keep him in the hospital tank until you sure he is recovered. Don't need to use filter when you treating especially if you adding medications. I don't know anything about silver solution. I never saw anyone recommended it.
Be really careful with bettafix i read that it can kill the fish if you overdose. A lot of people on the forum don't recommend to use it. Especially if it contain aloe don't use it. Not sure about ingredients.

If he don't have any visual symptoms on the body, his behavior back to normal (active like he was before and not laying on the bottom or just hanging on the top), he is eating. I would just keep him in the hospital tank and do 50% daily water changes for a few days and see how he doing before you put him back in his tank .

I would also quarantine live plants. And silk plants i would disinfect before you put it back with him. But just hot water is not enough though. I can give you instructions on disinfection tank and silk plants.

Also even though you do 50% and 75% you still need siphon the gravel in the tank regularly:)

I hope he doing good.

I would rally recommend to stop using bettafix...not sure about other medications. I always research a lot before i use anything from the store. There is some medications that people recommended because they had experience with that. Don't believe what you read on the bottles , be careful.

I didn't know that you can use filtered water without water conditioner. I though you still need water conditioner. But i guess you know better since you are using it for your betta.

I would have aquarium salt on hands in case you need it.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #12 
Armani33

The gray patch on his head looks like it's getting better he has not worsened at all and and is swimming all over his hospital tank and eating like a little pig. The snail which I thought was dead twice now is very much alive and also in quarantine. Armani has been quarantined for a couple of days now and will be moving back into his 2.5 gal. The snail however will stay in quarantine until I make sure that he is totally healthy as well and that he didn't bring in any bacteria that made Armani sick. The ingredient in bettafix in melaluca or tea tree oil and I am being ultra careful with how much I give him.
Armani33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #13 
Armani33

As long as there are absolutly no chemicals in the water than you don't need to use any water conditioners. The only reason you need them is if there are chemicals in your water such as chorine,floride,chloramines ect.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #14 
ANHEL123

I am glad he doing good. Still will give him a few more days just to make sure he don't get worse . Better safe than sorry. Because gray spot is something new that he didn't have before so i would make sure he is fine before you move him. Especially if you disinfected his tank. But it me not sure what other people think. And i don't know what is the gray spot is. Is it just scratch ?

Also why you making 75% water changes why don't you do 100%?
Also if you don't do 100% water changes you need to do regular gravel siphoning. Sorry if i repeat myself. Not sure if i already wrote it before lol

Good luck give us update.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #15 
Armani33

I have done the 100% water change and Armani is back in his 2.5 gallon. The gray patch and the fin rot appeared at the same time. The snail is still quarantined until I make sure it's totally healthy. When I cleaned the tank I just rinsed the gravel and plants thoroughly and sprayed them with silver solution to kill any bacteria and ran some water through the filter and put in a new cartridge. He is eating and acting completely normal.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #16 
ANHEL123

Hold on you wrote fin rot and gray patch appeared at the same time, did you mean disappeared?

I am glad he is doing good. I guess just keep the water super clean and keep eye on i am not sure gray spot appeared or disappeared :)
Old 05-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #17 
Armani33

No I meant appeared. I noticed them both at the same time. The gray spot seems to be clearing up and his fin rot has not worsened so The bettafix and silver solution must be helping.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:05 PM   #18 
ANHEL123

For 2.5 gall really recommending to do 1-50% and 1-100% water changes.

And watch make sure that symptoms will not get worse ,and new symptoms not developing….

And give us update :)
Old 06-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #19 
Armani33

Good news! His gray patch is almost gone and the fin rot has not worsened and appears to be getting a little better. The snail seems healthy as well. It is a gold apple snail in case you were wondering.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #20 
ANHEL123

Oh good i am glad. I really want to know about silver solution. No one mentioned it on the forum or at least i didn't see. What is the brand ? What kind of symptoms it recommended for?
I am curious.
I am glad he is better. And since you was doing 100% also now you know it fine and you can do alternate it for you tank along with 50% :)