Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #21 
Armani33

I will get a link to the website for the silver solution. It's not just for fish it's actually sold for people but you can use for pretty much anything and it can't do any harm and it's 100 percent natural and works extremely well at killing any type of bacteria.
Armani33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #22 
Pogthefish

Can you add a pic? I think it may be normal, some of my bettas have gray scales on top of their head for no reason.
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #23 
Pogthefish

If it looks liek this (even a lighter or darker gray, or even brownish or black seems normal)
EDIT this is not my betta
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2012, 03:29 AM   #24 
acadialover

whats wrong with little guy

What is the silver solution ?
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #25 
Armani33

pogthefish, it looks nothing like what the fish in the photo has. His gray patch which actually made a little indent in his head went away and his fin rot got much better so I put georgio ( the snail) back in. The next day I noticed worsened fin rot ( which I discovered was actually tail rot being it only affected his tail) and had another gray patch a little above the other one. I took the snail out upped his does of bettafix to the dose for 2 gallons ( before he was getting the dose for 1 gallon but he dose live in a 2.5 gal) and he is getting better. None the less the snail will be returned to the petstore where I bought him.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #26 
Armani33

Pogthefish, I see you breed gold apple snails which is what I bought...do they have any history of making betta's sick???
Old 06-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #27 
ANHEL123

If he will still continue to have a problem i would definitely stop any medications since it not helping. I would really try aquarium salt if his fins or grey spot getting worse. Too much medication I think for poor guy. Aquarium salt less stressful on the fish. But if you decide to switch to salt you will need to get rid of those medication first, so do 100% water changes.
And when you switch from medications to just clean water make sure you acclimate him to new water right …
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #28 
Pogthefish

They don't seem to make them sick, but I think this is amonia related, fin rot is. Do more water changes, even no fin rot, gill burn is likely. so alot more water changes. The snail should not go with him if there is that much amonia.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #29 
ANHEL123

Armany how often you do now your water changes? I always for more water changes more then anyone else. My problem that if you are using medications for almost i think 10 days and it still didn't help you need to stop them. It stressful for fish.
What is instructions on the bottles?
Even if medications helped there is the point where you have to stop using them or you are overmedicating....
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #30 
Armani33

The medication is working great as he is recovering from his second gray patch and tail rot and is almost completely healed. I do water changes about once a week or sooner. I had to wait a full week this time because of the medication and I was going to do it yesterday but I was riding my lease horse and was out a lot so I just never got around to it so I'm going to change it tomorrow once I get back from another ride on my lease horse. Thanks for all your advice. Armani seems to be out of the woods now and like I said the snail will be returned to petco so no issues there. Again thankyou for all the replies.

Armani33 and Armani =)