Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #1 
lvandert

Starting the Gathering of Supplies

Ok so I had to make the title something my BF wouldn't get a hint from. In late August I'm getting him a mini rex bunny for his birthday. He has no idea what he's getting and I'm getting really excited. I start work on the first and then the next couple paychecks will go to bunny things.
I've also started serious negotiations/planning with my breeder I'm getting him from. He's going to get a boy bunny hopefully one around 8 weeks old, but I wont be terribly picky. If I need to buy one in a month and pay for boarding for another month so be it. I'd do anything for my boyfriend. He had a bunny growing up and it was his only pet that he loved and had for more than a year. I guess he had bad luck with pets growing up.
I plan on making my own, two story cage. I plan on training the little guy to walk on a leash with a harness and using a litter box instead of going where ever he wants to. I also plan on getting him neutered. No crazy bunny, running around all hormonal. lol.
Sorry Guys I just have to vent my excitement somewhere otherwise I'm going to blow my cover.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #2 
Bombalurina

That's such a sweet idea! I hope all goes to plan. :D What colour bunny?
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #3 
lvandert

what ever color she has. She's a state away so I cant be picky. As long as its a boy and its the breed I want I dont care. As I said their all cute color wont matter. I presume she'll pick one for me and then send a pic.

Last edited by lvandert; 05-27-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #4 
Bombalurina

Sweet. :) There's a bunny up for adoption here on the classifieds for free. The owners sound really caring, so I wish I could give it a home. :(
Old 05-27-2012, 11:00 PM   #5 
lvandert

yeah there was a bunny up for free on our local craigslist too. We don't have the space for a big bunny hence the little guy. I also would feel bad putting him in a small cage also hence a double decker for the little guy.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:26 PM   #6 
thekinetic

Aww cute idea! :3

I had a bunny growing up and they are a handful, they naw on everything. But you can't help but love them. I'm sure he'll just love it!

Mske sure to get the dear little thing some alfalfa, they adore it. :3
thekinetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:32 PM   #7 
lvandert

oh I plan on getting him lots of chew things. along with a big bag of alfalfa. I also have a carrot garden just for him :P
Old 05-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #8 
Bombalurina

Naw! He's going to love that. :D
Old 05-27-2012, 11:52 PM   #9 
lvandert

I'm hoping I get carrots, their in their own separate garden box with just potting soil in it. The box is about 8-9 inches deep and they are only supposed to grow to 6-7 inches. This little guy is going to get spoilt. Fresh veggies and good scratches all the time!
Old 05-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #10 
lvandert

alright so I've been e-mailing the breeder today. I'm going to be in MN from August 18th to the 22nd and that's when we're getting the little guy. The breeder said that, that will be a great time to come and get a baby boy. She said if anything she'll e-mail me and have me send money to hold one. I'm so excited! I can't wait to get working and start buying things for him.