Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #101 
Laki

The salt lick?? I wouldn't.
I have never given salt to my rabbits. I know it probably won't hurt him but all the salt they need comes in their food and treats.
On a side note, cleaning Acacia's condo today.. Been at it for 45 mins so far. My vacuum needs to charge and I have baking soda down on her carpet, her blankets are in the dryer and she's impatiently waiting in the bathroom/basement. She likes it in there but she's mad bc I clipped her nails and she wants to go sook in her house :p
Oh the joys.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #102 
lvandert

lol alright, no salt lick for bunny then. I throw it outside for the squirrels or bring it up to our cabin for the deer (they are small wheels). I also picked up a pet nail trimmer, although I clip my bird's nails with a cuticle nipper I think a bunnies nails are going to be a bit thicker. Also grabbed a two sided brush, one with a soft comb and the other a soft bristle brush. I was also brainstorming aloud with my bf about the whole nail clipping dilemma. I was thinking of once a week sitting down with the guy, making him sit still, or at least calmly, (that might be tricky) and picking up each foot and playing with his toes. I'm hoping over time he'll get used to the idea, although at first he will not like it.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #103 
teeneythebetta

When I was younger, a rabbit at my mom's work was killed in a lawn mower incident and she had babies left behind. Several people took the babies home to care for them and my mom took one. We only planned on temporarily keeping the baby until we felt she was old enough to be released (it was the wild type so..) all we had at the time was a 10 gallon tank w/ a screen top (was a hermit crab enclosure) and the bunny jumped up and knocked the top off, escaped and pooped under my brothers bed. xD that was the only bunny we ever had...
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #104 
lvandert

lol this will be my first bunny, my bf's second. My sister had one and I helped her with it but she was also much much older than me (17 years) and it was very much her bunny. We're all excited here in the house. trying to wait patiently for the next 11 days lol but we keep going to the breeder's site and looking at the precious little guys!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #105 
Laki

lol wild bunnies don't seem to make good pets! lol

You're getting a mini rex.. The brush might barely be used but it might be nice for bonding purposes. He will barely shed, and his molts will be cleaner than a double coated bunny!! I nearly die everytime Acacia molts.
-and she's shedding now again T-T

Counting down the days!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #106 
lvandert

I got it more for bonding purposes anyways. I know their not big molters. It'll just be cute to get him "dolled" up and go places. This little guy is going to become popular around here. My LPS wants me to bring him in, our work wants to see him lol. I got to get him a bit more used to people first but I'm hoping to have a very social bunny in a few years
Old 06-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #107 
lvandert

Getting excited!!!! We're packing things up tonight and getting things ready. I put the bedding in the cage along with some alfalfa hay in the tub. I put some shredded newspaper, toilet paper and some dried straw into the hidey hole for bedding, if he wants it. We leave tomorrow for 9 days but we're getting him a week from tomorrow!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #108 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
Getting excited!!!! We're packing things up tonight and getting things ready. I put the bedding in the cage along with some alfalfa hay in the tub. I put some shredded newspaper, toilet paper and some dried straw into the hidey hole for bedding, if he wants it. We leave tomorrow for 9 days but we're getting him a week from tomorrow!!!
Ooh! How exciting!! PLEASE SPAM THIS THREAD WITH CUTE PICTURES! :D
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #109 
lvandert

I plan on making him his own thread lol. I want to spam everyone!!! muahahaha
Old 06-29-2012, 06:32 AM   #110 
Laki

lol I can't wait!