Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #21 
lvandert

It'll be a mini rex and he'll be under a year old. hmm I'll have to drop the top level so the ramp works with the new height (missing wire grate)

Last edited by lvandert; 06-10-2012 at 08:26 PM.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #22 
Laki

He can jump :) AND oh I forgot a mini rex. I need a photo overload.
http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f27/b...t=baby+bunnies
That's a link to my baby bunnies thread including breeder's pics of my mini rex (I didn' t get her as a baby, I adopted her off her neglective owner at 2 yrs old)
Disregard the molting comment on the velvet I made in the PM. Mini rexes don't molt like a heathen bunny from hell because they lack the undercoat (the one that sheds).
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #23 
lvandert

They are soooo CUTE!! I can't wait to get one of my own. I know he'll be a jumper but thats ok too, the top isn't open. I go a day off tomorrow and I'm hoping to get over to my friends house to get rid of the grate and drop the 2nd level down. I have plastic bowl for water but to be honest I think I'll use a water bottle. I need something that wont get litter/food/poop in it. I'd feel all grossed out. If my bird gets one seed in her water its changed immediately. A water bottle will help. I planned on getting at least two maybe I'll just get a few more and always have a clean one on hand. I do have a food bowl I'm hoping he wont be able to get his little mouth around and tip but live and learn right?
Old 06-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #24 
Laki

Haha I went through so many bowls!! When Petcetera existed they sold these heavy clay wide brim bowls. Best 10$ I ever spent! lol
Old 06-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #25 
lvandert

lol I'm going to attempt to find a better one but the one I have now doesn't have a lip on the rim. Then again I don't put it past him to flip it over from the bottom. He's just going to be a little guy, I mean how much weight can he really flip? I guess I'll find out
Old 06-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #26 
Laki

@-@ you'll find out!!

It's all good, sometimes I let Acacia eat off the floor when I put her pellets in a slimcat ball. As long as the floor of the cage is kept clean it shall be fine!
Old 06-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #27 
lvandert

thats another thing, what type of food do I go for? Pellets or the stuff that lets you see what in it? Along with a big bag of hay, alfalfa, a few treats...
Old 06-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #28 
lvandert

Ok so I think I might be getting one of these guys. They'll be 8 weeks the middle July and I don't think they will all disappear in a month but they are so flipping cute It wouldn't surprise me. I really like the reds and brokens. Although the opal is really cute too. I guess these will be my baby pictures :)

http://sjccrazyharerabbitry.webs.com/babies.htm
Old 06-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #29 
Laki

Only get pellets. The only 2 brands I'll feed or reccommend are Oxbow and Martins. For a baby up until a year old he should only eat alfalfa hay and alfalfa pellets. Unlimited hay. the pellets I think 1/2 cup a day. No veggies or fruit until he's AT LEAST 10-11 months old. Some people feed it before without problems but meh, why risk it? And never feed him "bunny" treats from the stores with seeds and sugars. Bunnies are not rodents and do not need seeds like rodents do. It's really hard to find treats in the store which are safe, so I make my own! (I can share recipes)

UYTREW#$%^&*IJHGFDW@#$% Those babies ARE SO CUTE!!! and they have a sable (which is what Acacia is) I love them all!! my mini rex was broken and she was a sweet heart but I really like the solid "otters" they have! Oh my how precious!!
Old 06-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #30 
lvandert

She uses Purina fiber 3 pellets for her bunnies. I'll get a bag of those then. She also said she has an open grated bottom but she puts pieces of wood down so their not on grate all the time. That would work for me right?