Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #41 
lvandert

oh and ok no wheat grass as a treat until he's 12 months and older lol. Just lots and lots of hay. All he can eat! I might have to try to find bigger bags of alfalfa lol

Last edited by lvandert; 06-13-2012 at 06:51 PM.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #42 
Laki

There's no end to the hay. Some folks here have non-finicky bunnies who eat the grass hay from farm harvests. My bunny would never eat it though :/ It would lose any value by the time she gave in! lol
Yep, the burlap is fine! And it take odors well, you can try putting it with your dirty laundry for a few days before you take him home so he will have your new scent on it for the ride home, but try to also get something from the breeder with her smell! :)
That's a long ways off!! You sure will be prepared! Not like me, impulse byb adoptee. I couldn't be happier with my little brat but you know... ;)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #43 
lvandert

Yeah my bird has discovered it (its draped across the back of a chair) and dubbed it hers to sit on lol. I planned on just having them out around the house for a while to pick up smells from the house. I also planned on bringing 2 gallon zip lock bags. One to stuff with bedding from his cage and the other for a few scoops of food for transitioning purposes.

I'm totally getting two more burlap sacs then, I'll throw the old one out after each day he's in there.

And we're fine with endless alfalfa hay. Around the one year mark I'll start introducing timothy hay and adult pellet.

Another good thing that has come out of him finding out- we can look at super cute bunny pics together on the interwebs! We've sat here for the past half hour "awwing" over bunny pictures
Old 06-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #44 
lvandert

Ok so it might be sooner than August. We might get the little guy just after the fourth of July. From what I can tell most people say babies need their mothers until 6-8 weeks depending on size and health. We're going to be going through there the weekend after the fourth and they'll be 1-2 days from 6 weeks old then. Maybe we get one then. If so I will be spamming this site with cute, adorable pictures. well regardless I'll be spamming pictures its just when.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #45 
Laki

Gaaah!! Yes pics pics!!
You're definitely ready I think :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #46 
lvandert

I think the only things I'm missing is a litter box, extra litter, and a leash. aside from two more burlap sacks :)
Old 06-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #47 
Thomasdog

Wow, so exciting! :D Best of luck with Bunny keeping! My best friend has a bunny (a rescue), and I am not joking, IT IS A CANNIBAL! LOL. Hope yours doesn't become flesh eating.

(hope I didn't scare you !! :( )
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #48 
lvandert

oh no, lol I have experience with cannibalistic animals. My bird LOVES chicken! hahahaha
Old 06-14-2012, 12:07 AM   #49 
bettafishfinnatic

congrats... i wanted a bunny i was going to buy a chicken coop for it but they were to expencive
bettafishfinnatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:16 AM   #50 
lvandert

We've talked about getting one for over a year now and It just seems right. He's going into his final year of college and could use a stress reliever outside out video games. He needs something that will sit on his lap and fall asleep on a rough day, and will lower his blood pressure with just a pet on his cute little head.

He had one before and he loved his little mini rex. Lived just over 10 years too (kinda surprised but I guess it worked out alright) and at the end was blind. I guess his eyes whited over at about 9 but Joey worked with him until he was at least comfortable with him handling him.

Hoping to hear from the breeder today. I kinda spammed her inbox keeping her updated on whats happening on my end, but I did ask her which dates work better for her. July 9th or August 10th/11th so we'll see what she says