Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-16-2012, 10:06 PM   #61 
lvandert

he'll be 6-7 weeks old so be prepared for a thread full of little baby pictures!!!
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #62 
lvandert

Ok so she also updated which babies were girls and boys and there are a lot of boys! lol All of the reds, both chocolates, two blacks and the sable point are all boys. All of the brokens were girls and there were two blacks that were girls. two girls are also on hold, but we may still pick one. It's now down to who's personality speaks to my bf the most. He'll also name him/her. We're for sure getting one the 6th of July and be prepared for a new thread either that day or the next titled "Our New Baby Bunny!!" lol. Upon which you will be spammed with pictures
Old 06-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #63 
Laki

:D girl bunnies are not as "cuddly" as the rare cuddly bunny. Females need to be spayed - just a friendly reminder!! But yes that's awesome! I love sables. I'm going to go look at the website again :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #64 
lvandert

yup, otherwise they can get ovarian cancer. Regardless of the gender their getting fixed. I'm pretty sure we're getting a boy though. She's got plenty to spare :P Like I told her "we'd love to say we want this one but we're going to need to see personalities before we choose" lol He's going to be a pet so he'd got to have personalitiy
Old 06-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #65 
Laki

Definitely! Her sables are nice looking btw. My bunny is sable but with a dutch collar :/ I didn't know that was a 'thing'! lol
Anyway, I noticed some of her bunnies are fat! lol mini rexes are prone to it, so be careful :p It was hard to put my m-r on a diet bc she loved everything so much!
I'm super excited to see which one you choose now, since they're all gorgeous! I like the reds, otters, sables.. I love them all! I didn't even know rew could be bred into mini rexes but I guess it makes sense.. I just feel bad bc nobody wants them

:< Not around here at least.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #66 
lvandert

I don't know the exact conditions of the farm so for all I know they don't have enough room to not be chunky lol. Or maybe their showing baby fat? I honestly ave no idea, lol. I guess I'd rather have to choose from chunky bunnies than skinny bunnies. I'm excited too. This weekend Joey's folks are coming in, next weekend we head up to my parent's cabin and then the weekend after that I'll be heading home with Bunbun (thats what I'm calling him until he gets a name). Time will FLY! Especially that last week because I'll be surrounded by about 20-30 family and friends for the fourth of July pot luck and party :P
Old 06-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #67 
Laki

That sounds like an easy wait! ^.^ Having people around you to distract you. My bunny's nickname is Bunbun too!! Her name is Acacia (ah-KAYSH-ah) but Matt started calling her Bunny, so that's her alternate name :)
Old 06-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #68 
lvandert

lol hey I got a question. I picked up some "poly-rope" at the local hardware store for under two bucks and I was wondering if I could coat a ball in it for an out of cage toy? And can I use it in the cage for hanging stuff. Or is there a better type of rope to use (if so I'm only out a buck fifty)?
Old 06-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #69 
Laki

Hm. I never tried that for cage toys. I would be concerned with the weather proof resin its coated in tbh.. I used it for Acacia in my old house for tying her outside (her leash was too short for her gallivantying) but she never chewed it...
To be safe, just use old untreated shoelaces for tying in the cage. Or even better, flexible willow and bark string.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #70 
lvandert

alright I'll see what I can find. I'm also looking for alfalfa seeds to start growing my own as my "treat" to him for the first year or so. Any thing you'd suggest there?