Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-04-2015, 04:31 AM   #1 
livenatso

Is this marbling?

So Captain America on the right here has surprised me by losing all his white except for on his ventral and the tips of his tail and the cute little red splotch on the top of his head is now all black. His tiffany blue has become a darker turqoise. The new picture has terrible lighting (like trust me, Lil Buddy hasn't suddenly turned black) but it gets the point across. I'm a little sad to see it all go.

In exchange for colouring up he's grown back some of his self bitten off finnage to reveal that he's a feather/rose tail... AND I think he has diamond eye on one side ... AND he has gone from biting himself to biting off like half of Lil Buddy's dorsal and tail ... If the picture was better lit you'd see that Lil Buddy looks tragic and it breaks my heart because god he was so gorgeous only a few weeks ago

He used to never flare at anything (even mirrors) and ignored Lil Buddy completely but now he's got this big bad attitude that I'm gonna need to keep in check by altering the divider so that Lil Buddy can't get hurt when he's resting up against the divider on his plants and his spikes go through the holes. Going to try a moss wall because unless I do two dividers and with like an inch of clearance in between I can't think of anything else I can do that will prevent his rays from going onto America's side. Eventually one of them will get this tank for themselves but for now I gotta make do :(
Attached Images

Last edited by livenatso; 05-04-2015 at 04:45 AM.
livenatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:49 AM   #2 
Sadist

It could be marbling. I do see some dots on the first picture, which could indicate marble. Some could be just coloring up from his new environment.

Funny about the aggression -- when my grizzle's color solidified, he got more aggressive, too.

I hope the moss wall helps.
Sadist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 11:01 AM   #3 
litelboyblu

Yes. Defeniatley marbling.
litelboyblu is offline   Reply With Quote