Sell Cheng 1 8.33%
Don't sell her 6 50.00%
Get tank Divider so that I only have to take care of one tank 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #11 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivan View Post
How much time do you really need to spend with these fish? If it is a case of water changes due to small tanks, then I suggest you upgrade into a large cycled, divided, tank. It is irresponsible to buy an animal then get rid of it because it become inconvenient, in my opinion.
Totally Agree
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #12 
LionCalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyandquigly View Post
I'm thinking I'm going to stop going on this site because it feels like everytime I say something or ask for someone's opionion or something I get harrased
But that is just it... when you ask for opinions on an open forum, that is what you are going to get, whether you like them or not. I don't see where anyone is harassing you or giving you any reason to leave. You made mistakes, because you are only human. We all make mistakes. What matters is that we learn from those mistakes and change for the better.

I think you should stay and learn, so you can provide the best home you can for the critters in your care. Selling one of your Bettas is a decision that is entirely up to you. Sometimes the best option for the pet and caregiver is to find a more appropriate home. Make sure to screen any potential new home thoroughly, if you choose to go that route.
LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #13 
Alcemistnv

I'm actual very thankful for this forum. I've learned a lot of new things about fish that I would have never known before, and I'm sure Buddha is going to live a lot longer because of it.

I do believe that it matters on one's personal reaction to the knowledge given to them that makes a site terrible or not. In your eyes, you see the site as a bunch of users who are harrassing you, but for most other people (almost 100% of the people I see from browsing the forums) love this site because of the knowledge it gives you. :)

I think it might be best to just understand that everyone is just telling you to do what is best to do, both morally/ethically and for what is right for the fish. ^^
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #14 
lvandert

I'm not trying to be mean. It's the truth. When You replied to me "your wrong", on the other thread, I honestly found you were being very rude but I really just wanted to help. I'm just trying to get you an honest answer to your specific situation. You can't divide a tank between your girl and guy. You could have another egg bound girl, which you've already dealt with once and I didn't want it to happen again. I'm sorry if I seem rude right back but its the truth. Certain pieces of information just can't be ignored. You'll get the wrong solution to your answer. Yes you can divide them but you'll risk egg bounding the girl.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:11 PM   #15 
Bombalurina

You could use a divided tank with two seperate filters and heaters and a solid divider, so no water is being shared at all. That would prevent egg-binding.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #16 
lvandert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
You could use a divided tank with two seperate filters and heaters and a solid divider, so no water is being shared at all. That would prevent egg-binding.
+1
Old 05-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #17 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
+1

That's defnitely something to do.

Just gotta put in the extra effort and such.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

Like I said before, no one is trying to be mean. Most people here just want what's best for the fish and that's why they can come off as sounding rude. They really are looking out for the best interest of the fish. I agree with LionCalie. You should stay and learn. We're here to share knowledge and experience with each other.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #19 
lillyandquigly

I know but a person on my other thread was like calling me annoying and stuff
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #20 
lvandert

I'm sorry! There are a few people that are like that on here. Don't leave because of that one person. There are many more who care for you and your fishies. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and a lot of people on here will tell you that. you can't be too annoying when it comes to your fish. Their your babies :)