Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #1 
Pearl2011

Betta Fish Jumped Out of Tank

My betta Pearl jumped out of the tank and I was upstairs talking to my freind on the phone about a school project and she asked how my fish. I couldnt find Pearl for about 10 minutes and then felt something stick to my foot . . .
He was brown he was so dried out!! What can I do for him?? All he has done is rest on the heater. I gave him blooworms and he ignores them COMPLETELY. They are his favourite. And he has hair stuck to his gills, oh I feel like the worst fish mommy ever!!

Is there anything I can do?
Pearl2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #2 
MollyJean

He needs clean, fresh, treated water, so either put him in a tank that is clean or clean out his tank and keep him in it, but be careful moving him, if you can just siphon that would be great. Make sure his water is warm, 78-80 degrees. Cold betta are more prone to illness. If he's having problems swimming, lower the water level. And leave his area dark. He might be alright, if he didn't take much damage, but there is no way to know how bad the damage is, so all you can do is try to keep him comfortable and warm and hope he pulls through. I really hope he's ok.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #3 
Pearl2011

I think he is going to be okay. I had changed his water the day before and he ate like a piglet this morning. His tail is shredded at the end and he is not as enthusisatic when he sees me but I think he'll be okay. And im getting him live plants friday.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #4 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Does his body look crooked?
Fish can usually recover surprisingly well after drying out.. I'd avoid feeding him for a day or two and just leave him be in general.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #5 
Pearl2011

He seems like regular old Pearl. His body did look crooked the first day but he is swimming fine and eating,. His tail is kinda torn so I might treat for that.

Tags
betta, dried out, emergency, jumped