Views: 117
Size:  71.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0081.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  71.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0059.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  71.8 KB

Here's my baby betta's can anyone please help me identify what types they are and are they male or female. Plus i included a pick of one of my salamanders. They are really cool and calm. Plus they eat the leftover food the fish doesn't eat. I have some ghost shrimp im going to put in there with them but they are currently in a different tank at the moment
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:17 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

Is it just me or is that an axolotl?

Anyways, they are female.The first one is a VEILTAIL, judging by the swoop of the anal, same with the second one who is also a female veil tail... The third one and forth one are veil tail (though hard for me to tell on the third for tail type) females as well. As for the genders, the bodies and fins say female....

Pretty bettas! And a good divided set up. The third I believe is a butterfly for coloring?The first and last one may just need some time to get color... I suggest good variety foods, clean water, and lots of floating plants for them to hide in!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:45 PM   #3 
Kamikaze

Thanks it took me some time to get the right size. I was cutting for almost an hour before they fit perfectly. I was hoping that atleast one of them would be a male lol and be different then a veil tail. The second one is really colorful. Its like a rainbow. How long do you think it would be before they get a little bigger. Reason why is because since you say they are all females. I wanted to see if i can remove the dividers, let them setup a sorority and add more plants to the tank. Also the reason you see food on the floor is because i accidently put to much food in there and as i wash about to clean it up the ghost shrimp began eating some of it.
At the moment i dont know if they are axolotl or not. I have a bunch of them. One in each of the dividers and some more in a different tank. They are very peacefuly with my betta's. Even my Crowntail betta enjoys there company.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #4 
Sena Hansler

I think it is axolotl.... google search, you can match it =D Here they are illegal, you lucky duck lol. I love them!! D:

Anyways before taking the dividers out I suggest strongl,y getting tons of plants... Java fern, floating plants, moss, etc. TONS. I mean TONS. Like....stuff the tank tons. Trust me xD Same with soft fake plants too

Although... Not sure on the axolotls sizes, but if they are about the same size, and adults (6 inches, btw....) they are less likely to attack each other but CAN attack fish that are smaller than them... The rule of mouth Fits in their mouth, they eat it. Seems like it fits in their mouth, they'll try! So best be warned for the future (here is an info page http://www.axolotl.org/requirements.htm#other) I think you have axolotls because of the feathery gills xD Just be warned, the tank needs to be big for axolotls to get along nicely... Plus they get 6 inches So, just a future heads up :3

Anyways I have females ranging from one inch to 2 inches right now. The one inch ones were severely stunted, but if you have ones who are decently sized, good food and clean water is a must for good health and they may get bigger! And another caution... Axolotl are cold water fish... They like it below 75,although they are fairly hardy and forgiving (much like bettas, hey? )

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 06-15-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #5 
Junglist

They all look like female veiltails except for the loach at the end lol
Junglist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #6 
Sena Hansler

xD haha
Old 06-16-2012, 12:42 AM   #7 
Kamikaze

I went looking for some plants today but none of them was right for the tank. I think i will go to petsmart in the morning tomorrow and see what they have in stock and just buy i bunch of there bunchies and plant it around the tank. Also do you think i should get sand as there substrate and if i do get the sand would the plants be able to grow in it. Or will i need something else, like dirt or something.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #8 
Sena Hansler

Depends on the plants, really. I have gravel in my tanks, and my plants just bry their roots underneath and flourish pretty well