Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #11 
Sakura8

Hi iversotl. Silverfang asked me to take a look at this thread. First, did the loach and rasbora show any of the same gray as your betta?

From the pics you've posted here and in the mystery disease thread, it looks like there's a good chance your betta has that disease. If the loach and rasbora didn't have any of the same symptoms, I would say their deaths were from other causes and not related to this disease. However, if they DID have the same gray patch of tissue necrosis, then there's a possiblity we've just discovered the disease either jumps species OR we're one step closer to figuring out whether or not this disease is an acute form of columnaris.

Either way, the med you want to get is API Furan-2.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #12 
iversotl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Hi iversotl. Silverfang asked me to take a look at this thread. First, did the loach and rasbora show any of the same gray as your betta?

From the pics you've posted here and in the mystery disease thread, it looks like there's a good chance your betta has that disease. If the loach and rasbora didn't have any of the same symptoms, I would say their deaths were from other causes and not related to this disease. However, if they DID have the same gray patch of tissue necrosis, then there's a possiblity we've just discovered the disease either jumps species OR we're one step closer to figuring out whether or not this disease is an acute form of columnaris.

Either way, the med you want to get is API Furan-2.

The loach looked completely normal, albeit skinny, but no patches. The rasbora never had any physical issues other than the bent up spine when he was alive. After he passed away he began to degrade and turn into a cottony white pile of mush, but then again, so does any dead fish. This is why I was so shocked at the sudden attack on the betta, but also afraid as someone suggested fish TB. Which would mean my whole tank would need to be destroyed.

Thank you again for the help! I will get the Furan-2 tomorrow if he makes it. I'll try and update in the morning with new pics, but between trying to keep myself awake and caring for three foster kittens, time gets a bit lost.
iversotl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lethargy, white patch