Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #21 
xShainax

I use Stress coat which has aloe to help reduce stress and heal some minor things :)
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #22 
Sena Hansler

Good! Okay, for the greying belly a few things for that:

1.check his poop. Stringy, see-through, like fin hair and broken up? Parasites.
2. blues I've notcied tend to get grey bellies.
3. The older the betta, the grey is more present! Same with a few other colors, actually.
4. stress. Some of my bettas when stressed may not change their entire color, but their belly, sides, fins, or head may change.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:14 AM   #23 
CFox759211

His poop is small and round, little balls... smaller than a pea, which it has always been since I've had him.

This morning, I thought for sure he had passed. He was lying on the bottom and his body was bent a little. I looked, and sure enough he was breathing. He did start swimming around... well, more darting. He is swimming hard into the rocks on the bottom. He comes and rests at the top for a few minutes than goes back down to the bottom and buries himself sideways, under two rocks. He stays there for a long while and then will come up for air... dart around some and then go bury himself again. I was able to get some pictures of him, so going to try and post them shortly.
CFox759211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #24 
Sena Hansler

Pictures would be nice I noticed for some of my stressed bettas, they wanted to hide...bury themselves like yours is trying. I tend to give them a cave they can hide in. Especially if they are fairly new, or not feeling good.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #25 
Sceven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
But the better life you give a pet, the happier they are <3 Some dogs live 10 years in awesome conditions, some can live 15 years even in terrible conditions. It's not the life span that matters, it's the life they were given
That is a beautiful philosophy to live by Sena
Sceven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #26 
Sena Hansler

thanks I know people who claim their pets who lived in terrible conditions lasting years, but really it isn't the life span. Shaggy got the best care a guinea could get during his last...half year I suppose. And he wasn's super old for a guinea, but it counted!
Old 06-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #27 
CFox759211

I thoroughly agree, Sena. I could not live with myself if I didn't do everything I possibly could to give all of my animals the best life I can. And like you said... some last ... some don't... just like us humans. I did 100% water change this morning and added Stress Coat along with some Maracyn Two, since it says it treats bacterials infections. I also added a couple larger rocks and built him several caves, which he is using. He did eat some brine shrimp this morning and while eating, seemed fine... but still breathing heavy while hiding in the rocks and acting lethargic. I am having a hard time downloading my pics, but hope to later today. I also have two live plants in his tank... it is a little over a gallon. Is that too many? I do have a larger aquarium I was going to put him in, but was worried about stressing him more. Would that be a good idea? Also, can or should I add a little AQS or anything else to his water? Thanks again for your help.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #28 
Sena Hansler

Depends on the length of the bowl/tank rather than height. But, a cave usually is good, and the two live plants will work Just make sure with those rocks that if he slams into them they won't collapse and trap him.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #29 
CFox759211

OK... after the 100% water change this morning, adding conditioner and some Maracyn-Two, Sushi seems to be doing better. I didn't add any of the Maracide, since he hadn't shown any improvement over the past two days. Sooo... it looks like Maracyn-Two may be helping. Granted, he is nowhere near his normal lively self, but he is actually swimming around more frequently than the past two days ... and then he goes hides in the rock caves. Also, the past two days, I should say he did more darting than swimming... but today... he actually is swimming more normally. I sure hope this works and it's not too late for him. Thanks again for everyone's help.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #30 
CFox759211

Thanks, Sena... posted above before seeing yours. I actually placed two larger rocks to form the caves and don't think he can move them. He was trying to bury himself when I first put him back in, and they didn't budge... he finally realized how to go under them to get into the cave, which he seems to love.

Tags
bettafix, fin melt