Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #21 
Sena Hansler

Well he'll have an 80, and if all fails he can be rehomed to a person who knows their thing :3 Kinda my intention. I shoulda asked for some guppies too - half looked WAY overfed...

Yeah he poops more than my Oscar -.-
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #22 
djembekah

common plecos are amazing. and i love watching rescue threads x3
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #23 
thekoimaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowntailed View Post
A lot of people hate plecos, but i personaly love them :D, They do get big and require 100+g tank and they produce a lot of waste. But they are great big guys to watch dig in sand and suck on the walls.
I don't hate them. I would love to have a tank with a gold nugget or zebra pleco one day. But just like the hobby would be better off without goldfish sold for less than a dollar, it would probably be better off without common pleco advertised as "cleaning fish." I wouldn't mind having goldfish banned in stores if it meant they were no longer crammed into tiny tanks; I would contact some breeders I know and ask for fish. I'm sure you would be willing to do that also to ensure that thousands of plecos don't get crammed in tanks that are waay too small for them.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #24 
Sena Hansler

I think plecos are an interesting fish, but should be owned with caution because they can eat the fish's slime coat, and they are messier than anything x.x Yes they clean, but CLEAN to us includes fecal matter, CLEAN for the fish includes him nomming on algae and wafers, and left over food. Not poop. No fish eats poop.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #25 
shadowpony

Oh my. Ive never seen a pleco bigger than an inch. Heso cute!
shadowpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #26 
Sena Hansler

Thanks =D Their scales are very.....rough. I know this as I had wrestle him with a net/bucket/me
Old 05-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #27 
djembekah

i do agree that they should stop selling fish the way they do.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:50 AM   #28 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyjoe View Post
I have read that if fish come from terrible conditions that they will have slightly adapted to those terrible conditions. Therefore, any change to clean, clear water should be somewhat gradual?

Don't quote me on that, I'm just guessing.

If he survives the transition then just being in much better conditions should really help him heal. Hopefully someone else can give you better treatment advice.

I just don't get people, particularly adults, who don't do a little research if they're going to get fish.

I admit I was a horrid fish keeper when I was a teenager, but I took a little time on the internet and found this site which helped me learn how to do better. Heck, I just did a water change and I've got a migraine! Sigh.
Posted via Mobile Device
I was stupid and didn't change the water for a month. Checked the ammonia, it was high, did a HUGE water change. Lets just say my whole tank got old tank syndrome and died. I lost ten juvenile platy's, three adult platy's, two mystery snails, two swordtails, a clown pleco, and a dwarf gourami.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #29 
Sena Hansler

I have critters from the lake - shrimp (fragile usually), a leach or two, snails, and other critters... I only add water rather than remove, until they have their full 15 gallons. Because of where they came from I'm being careful :3 Same with some of my bettas who have been in severely bad conditions, I try to acclimate VERY well
Old 05-31-2012, 10:06 AM   #30 
shadowpony

I'm guessing he didnt want to move, Sena. Good luck with him!
shadowpony is offline   Reply With Quote