Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #1 
amybetta

Baby Betta Fish Questions

Hello everyone, I am brand new to this site. I purchased a baby betta from Petco today. I am going to post a few pictures, I was wondering if you guys could give me some guesses on gender/age? I held up a ruler to the tank and this little guy looks like he is about an inch in length.

Also, I have had plenty of adult bettas, but never a baby. I was not given any info on Petco about caring for them differently but now realize I should have asked. I have Betta flakes, if I break them small enough will it be okay for this baby betta?

Thanks for taking the time to read :)

P.S. Sorry for the low quality of the photos
Attached Images

amybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #2 
ao
TFK Moderator

Baby bettas...
keep their water warm. change water frequently to get rid of growth stunting hormones. Feed a variety of foods as you wil do for the big ones. And yes, break those pellets up! if they don't respond immediately to food. blow it around to attract their attention, they may not uet be recogizing whatever you are givif them as food. I keep the tank 1/2 gallon so I canchange water everyday. It's hot hot hot here recently, so I've neglected the heater since the temperature is stable anyway. if heat is a problem, maybe you can float something about that size in a bigger heated tank :D Just my own baby keeping methods
ao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby, gender