Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #1 
Fishie The Betta

My betta has developed a new personality

since i have started working my betta has been more aggressive. my betta will constantly flare and swim all weird which I assume is to show that he is macho. his bowl has so many bubbles! more than I have ever seen!

my betta is also eating weird. he acts like he has not eaten in a week! I know bettas always eat and dont know when to stop, but.. before my betta just swam up to the food and ate it nice and calm and now he cant wait for me to put it down; my betta will keep jumping for it and swim all crazy for the food.

its hard to describe but i am sure you guys understand. my fishie has a different personality. my betta was active before but now he is just crazy like if he was hit on the head too many times! (although when i play with him and then walk away he thinks he can follow me and ends up hitting the glass).

i dont know if the reason is because i use to spend 24/7 with him and now i see him a very little. right now he is staring at me and swimming crazy.

i just want my fishie to be happy! is it normal for a betta to change so drastically?
Fishie The Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #2 
sainthogan

When I went away for several days and asked my mom to stop by and feed my fish (I only had 1 at the time), my mom told me that Fishy didn't seem to care for her much. But when I came back, Fishy practically burst out of the tank when she saw me and my mom got a little hurt and said "She didn't act like that when I fed her.". So yes, I believe it is possible for your fish to be missing your companionship and is over excited to see you.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #3 
Fishie The Betta

i didnt think fish were capable of missing people
Old 10-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #4 
Kithy

My VT has always had personality out his little fishy wazoo but when I moved him from a split 10g to the 5g on my desk he REALLY started to show off. When I feed him I usually walk away to feed the other fish. He has a habit of eating all but one pellet and when I get back he'll swim around erratically to get my attention (I assume anyway) and when I have my face close to the tank he flips the pellet into the water and attacks it. It's absolutely hilarious.

It's just so funny ^_^ Bettas sometimes have more personality than the cats we have.
Kithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #5 
sainthogan

I didn't think they were capable of missing people either, but she definitely reacted differently to me rather than my mom. She also developed a preference to my husband over me, while my male always would go to the corner of his tank when my husband tried to feed him, but would excitedly dart to the surface when he saw me.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:43 PM   #6 
Fishie The Betta

huh. i wonder to why he flares at me for a while when i go up to him and then stops. is he telling me something?
Old 10-26-2013, 11:50 PM   #7 
Kithy

Probably "Hey you, get over here! I want attention!"
Kithy is online now   Reply With Quote