Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #31 
thekoimaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallyx View Post
I like that look, Mike. Do you have that CO2 bottle hooked up to you bubblers? Those "nuclear reactors" don't look too ugly. I bought mine based on your picture.

Here's my 5g divided. Thekoimaiden and I are among a few proponents of the double divider...even heat and filtering, hard to jump, no plumbing in the fish bays.
Oooh. I don't think I've seen your divided tank. What kind of filter do you have in there?
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:49 PM   #32 
freemike

Quote:
I like that look, Mike. Do you have that CO2 bottle hooked up to you bubblers? Those "nuclear reactors" don't look too ugly. I bought mine based on your picture.

Here's my 5g divided. Thekoimaiden and I are among a few proponents of the double divider...even heat and filtering, hard to jump, no plumbing in the fish bays.

Actually if you look just above the cave on the left you'll see a 30ml dropper bottle that I cut up to use as a bell type diffuser. I use the heater to hold it down. It's not the best method, but it seems to boost my plant growth when I put it in there.
freemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:53 AM   #33 
Hallyx
Reference Team

O K That's brilliant, Mike. Not too much trouble for what it does.

@thekoimaiden....The filter is just a cheap Hagen Mini with <2.0 cu in of foam inside, there but there is about 3 cu in in front of the intake and a 2in dia x 3in long foam tube (>8 cu in) in the outflow. (that white stick is to keep the end closed), plus another >3 cu in floating in the filter bay.

I'm sure it is due to all that foam in the flow that I was able to cycle my 5 gal bare-bottom in 13 days and keep it stable with two fish.

I'm using about half as much foam to cycle my 3 gal (work in progress).
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #34 
thekoimaiden

Quote:
@thekoimaiden....The filter is just a cheap Hagen Mini with <2.0 cu in of foam inside, there but there is about 3 cu in in front of the intake and a 2in dia x 3in long foam tube (>8 cu in) in the outflow. (that white stick is to keep the end closed), plus another >3 cu in floating in the filter bay.

I'm sure it is due to all that foam in the flow that I was able to cycle my 5 gal bare-bottom in 13 days and keep it stable with two fish.

I'm using about half as much foam to cycle my 3 gal (work in progress).
Neat! I'll keep that in mind in case I ever need to downsize. I'm kinda worried about what to do with all of my tanks when I move out.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #35 
newf

Here is my twenty gallon long. I really like having this tank. It is the first divided tank I tried to do, and with one exception, it has turned out fairly well. The plants are growing well now that I bought a better light. The fish all seem happy too.
Attached Images

newf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:55 AM   #36 
Hallyx
Reference Team

That's really attractive, newf. Did you think you'd forget their names? (Just kidding.) Good job hiding the filter.

Are those the Betta logs everybody talks about? First time I've seen a good picture of them.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #37 
newf

lol..Hubby is a graphic artist who sees everything as a opportunity to design and put vinyl on. I came home one day to the names already on the tank.

Yes, those are betta logs. They are the best investment I think for bettas. All my bettas love them.
newf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #38 
Anna27

Thats an awesome tank Newf!
Anna27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #39 
Anitax3x

That tank is awesome newf!
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #40 
Neil D

I almost drooled, Newf.