Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-31-2012, 02:01 PM   #1 
50galkid

better betta bowl (BBB)

Hiya,

I'm a 50galkid, but i also know about small aquariums that would "Light" up your bettas mood.

In these post's I will be sharing perfect tanks for bettas and reccomended "doo-ha's"

Everyone knows bettas are usually kept in unfiltered bowls or cups with limmited room and oxygen.
You can use a 10gal and a divider but thats half of the aqaurium for only ONE fish.

These are some tanks that may be small but at least should "Shine" your bettas mood.

Tetra 1.8gal water fall globe,
This is why I said "Light" and "Shine" because this tank has what my bettas love: Light to shine, Room and it sometimes reflect my betta making him to "pop" his tail and fins out. This aquarium has a low voltage AC cord so if it gets wet it won't to major damage. It has abot 7-8 Led lights that bring out my bettas coulor. The "Water fall" is actually a filter with a long drop so it makes a "waterfall" type noise.
Bettas don't need light all the time so they sometimes get stressed in the water, therefore there is a easy button that shuts of the light but keeps the filter on (To turn off the filter unplug the Ac cord)
There is enough room even for at leat 2 neon tetras for your betta. (Search it up neons CAN go with bettas, not saying they WILL because they may not get along) The addision to the filter is most people would think "hey if it over flows wont water be every where?" The answer is NO theres grooves (Slumps) that block water that over flows and pushes it back into the tank.

My recommended "do-ha's" are the tetra mini heater it will fit well in the tank and will make the water more suitible for the betta

P.S its a bowl< Really who knew? (derp)
50galkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #2 
AFishTale

The photo isn't showing up.
AFishTale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:12 PM   #3 
Ramble

Hm...while I'm all for getting bettas roommates, isn't 1.8 gallons too small for anything other than just a betta? and I thought neons did better in schools of five or six? Just wondering...
Ramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #4 
50galkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Hm...while I'm all for getting bettas roommates, isn't 1.8 gallons too small for anything other than just a betta? and I thought neons did better in schools of five or six? Just wondering...
Yeah im just saying that they COULD live together but its a big risk
50galkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #5 
lilyth88

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50galkid View Post
Yeah im just saying that they COULD live together but its a big risk
You should not put multiple fish in with your betta in a tank that small.
lilyth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:02 PM   #6 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Neon tetra are skittish fish that will only do well in groups of at least 6.
That, and they need a stable tank with good parameters, as they are particularly sensitive to ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. A fully cycled tank is the only way to go with these fish.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #7 
ZackyBear

And you can't really cycle a bowl...

In a 1.8 gal, that many fish in close quarters may cause the betta to get territorial and attack/chase them constantly.
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:22 AM   #8 
thekoimaiden

Neon tetra are schooling fish and will be severely stressed in groups less than 6; this is a fact. Just because you can't see fish stress doesn't mean it isn't there. Read more: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/f...um-fish-98852/

Just because there is space in a tank doesn't mean you should put a fish there. There is space for my 100lb dog in her crate, but that doesn't mean I should put her there.

But a 1.8 gal is a fine home for a betta, provided it has a lid and a heater. I am interested to see a picture. The waterfall filter sounds pleasant. I like water features like that.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
50galkid, betta, tank