Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-31-2012, 04:06 PM   #1 
Shadyr

*sigh* I just wanted plants for Chicory

And they happened to have the bookshelf aquarium that I've been wanting for Ghost on sale for $35...

But as usual, I looked at the bettas. Thus I present to you, my first double tail. Poor thing looks more like a tadpole But even tiny slightly crooked ones need a forever home. And this one looked in *need* The rest of the babes were a bit bigger and showing some color. This one, so little and stripy.

(S)he's eaten maybe about one Hikari Gold pellet that started off tiny and got tinier after I crushed it into about 4 pieces. And (s)he's gone from lying rather listlessly at the bottom of the cup to exploring the plant that they gave me (for free!)

Setting up a critter keeper for him/her. Small heater already in hand due to an upgrade given to one of the other tanks. Hubby will give me the *eye*. The kids will probably love this one.

Water extra clean. Crush up the pellets really small. Feed 2x a day? Are those stress stripes or juvie stripes? Anything else I should know?

Name:  newbie1280.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  38.4 KB

PS: Chicory is intrigued by, but unsure of his new plants.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:12 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

Awww like my poor little Sarah and Suzi were!! Little tadpoles. The stress stripes, eventually go away - it's a juvi and stress thing. I tried feedin 2-3 times a day, and cleaned every day to ensure growth - much like fry. I clean 50% morning, 50% night, without removing them. I keep it heated, and good foods. It will take time of course, but letting his/her immune system get a boost from the good care you provide will be well worth it in the end!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:16 PM   #3 
Ramble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyr View Post
And they happened to have the bookshelf aquarium that I've been wanting for Ghost on sale for $35...
Ha! I just bought a second bookshelf aquarium at the same sale, but luckily, I managed to dodge the bettas. I may not be so lucky when I trot back this afternoon for plants (must...stay...strong...)

But what a cute, tiny double tail! I can see why you got it. It's cuteness run rampant...congrats!
Ramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:43 PM   #4 
Shadyr

It is wee and cute! If the little thing hangs on and turns out to be a she, she will be the first member of my Sorority project that I was planning on after our family vacation in July. If it's a he, he'll just hang out and look pretty.

It's a charmer, it's already been hanging out on the near side of the cup and studying me.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #5 
Anna27

I feed my baby 3x a day ( frozen bloodworms, and New Life Spectrum pellets) and change 50% of the water daily. As far as a heater, at the moment I dont need one, I live in AZ and it's HOT here! So far he is a happy camper (had him about 2 weeks now)
Anna27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #6 
Shadyr

Well, we made it this far at least. (S)he ate a bit last night and was hanging out at the top this morning...water wasn't as warm as I had hoped. If (s)he's still OK when I get home I might have to get a better heater. Hubby was indeed cross!

Temporary name is...Tadpole.

Name:  tadpole1280.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  67.2 KB
Old 06-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #7 
Pacqui

Awww, s/he does look like a little tadpole! How cute!
Pacqui is offline   Reply With Quote