Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-31-2012, 10:22 PM   #1 
lillyandquigly

The Tiny Cute Red Baby VT!

I loooooove this baby fish at the petstore, but he's not doing too well so I'm going to try and check in on him, and maybe buy him
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:43 PM   #2 
lvandert

awwws. Now next time you go in if he's still sick ask for the manager or someone higher up. And this is what you tell him. "Ok I found this little guy here, he's got **insert proper disease**. I have everything to try to get him better and I know how to. The only problem I have is spending **insert dollar amount** on a fish that is most likely to die. Is there anything we can work something out?" Look for fuzzies = fungus, blackened ends of tail = fin rot, just not swimming right = Swim Bladder Disease (SBD), reddened or discolored gills = ammonia burn. If you can seem educated about bettas and your willing "to work something out" you might be able to get him a bit off. Thats how I got my boy Dizzy half off and he's my best fish. LOL Dizzy is short for Discount.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:45 PM   #3 
lillyandquigly

The manager already knows me because I talked to him about their cats(they weren't doing ver well)so yeah he'd probably work something out
Old 05-31-2012, 10:48 PM   #4 
lvandert

ooohh! thats good! My Petsmart "fish manager" knows I breed because I've come in asking for really random things; like those little cups they come in, (I wanted them for temporarily separating babies) and live brine shrimp cultures. Every time I go in he asks how the fry are doing. I tell him good and then that he should change their betta's water lol
Old 05-31-2012, 10:50 PM   #5 
lillyandquigly

yeah, it's nice, we have a really small petstore where zi live and like all of these workers know me
Old 05-31-2012, 10:55 PM   #6 
lvandert

And if you can't make a deal, suggest a cure for him. Clean water, aq salt treated water, medicated water. I do that too. I tell them all the time "oh this poor guy has a fungus growth, you should treat him with nice clean water with a bit of aq salt and extra stress coat for 4-5 days." lol either they hate me or tolerate me. Petsmart tolerates, Petco hates me (I've pointed out that their fish are clearly mislabeled to get more money out of them) along with my local wally world. Those people run when they see me in the fish section.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:56 PM   #7 
lillyandquigly

he might have fingas growth, but he looks depressed, and I think the water's too cold
Old 05-31-2012, 10:58 PM   #8 
lillyandquigly

(Fhil is short for Fhilliam, like william except for fhil, his full name is Fhilliam Jones Ricker)
Old 05-31-2012, 11:00 PM   #9 
lvandert

if he has these little white patches of fuzzies then its a fungal growth. It's easily treatable but can be fatal in serious cases. I'll attach a pic of Dizzy when I first got him. You can see the fuzzies on his fins. At the tip of his Dorsal, and the ends of his tail and then a bit on his anal. I still can't believe that fish in the pic is the same fish as my avatar...its amazing what a little TLC and clean water will do
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2012, 11:03 PM   #10 
lillyandquigly

you're kidding me? Those are the same fish?!?!? I couldn't really see him to well, he was in a dark cold corner:C