Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #11 
Leeniex

Enjoy every surprise you get! I haven't gotten one in 15 years, unless you count my youngest son. ;)
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #12 
Rosso1011

LOL @ Leeniex. Thanks everyone for the responses. I think in time I will explain to him that I don't want to be surprised like that anymore. Hope is kinda growing on me at the moment, but it still means that I have to do more water changes. Since she has a smaller tank at the moment, she will need more water than the boys.
That is going to be difficult seeing as my training schedule is going to have me at work later. I will be leaving around 10:30 and getting home around 8pm. Hope is going to despise me for all the constant cupping I'll need to do.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #13 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso1011 View Post
So, apparently while I was at work training today, my bf decided that he wanted to help me get started on the sorority that I am wanting to build. He went out and got me a female VT. I know he meant well, but I am not happy about this.

I am at probably at least 3 months out from being able to start a sorority. That includes the costs of materials and the cycling the future tank. I am not feeling a special connection to this female. I had a specific set of colors and traits that I had in mind for my girls and she does not meet them.

I don't know what to do. Do I give it some time and hope she grows on me or what? I think he will not be happy if I ask to exchange her.
Reminds me when my friend surprised me with my first betta. I had to research everything about them lol.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:22 PM   #14 
Rosso1011

Fortunately, I know what I need to do but I might need to post pics to make sure she's okay. She's got some spots that I'm not quite sure of. May be missing scales, part of her coloring, and I don't want to consider the other options.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote