Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #1 
Anitax3x

Giant from petco

So today I went to Petco to get some prime and I had to find baby brine shrimp for my molly fry, of course, I went to the betta section!

I found a black and blue beautiful male "giant" he certainly is big, Hes clamped up, and I have him in clean water. He ate some thawed out brine shrimp. I have no pictures because I plan on taking them when he colors up a bit, he was very very stressed. Poor guy stuck in that tiny cup

He made very VERY odd looking poop, I have him in qt because I was afraid it was parasites or something. I have never seen such long see thru yellow looking things in the water. Thats why he is going to be staying in qt for a bit. He seems to be livening up, Unfortunately my other male in my avi Triton seems to be on his way out, he's pine coning and lost all his color for no apparent reason. Ive had him for a little over a year, another petco find. It saddens me but what can you do, I have him in qt also none of the fish in his tank are sick, so I have no idea what caused this. Welp Pictures soon! sorry for the ramble
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #2 
Junglist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitax3x View Post
So today I went to Petco to get some prime and I had to find baby brine shrimp for my molly fry, of course, I went to the betta section!

I found a black and blue beautiful male "giant" he certainly is big, Hes clamped up, and I have him in clean water. He ate some thawed out brine shrimp. I have no pictures because I plan on taking them when he colors up a bit, he was very very stressed. Poor guy stuck in that tiny cup

He made very VERY odd looking poop, I have him in qt because I was afraid it was parasites or something. I have never seen such long see thru yellow looking things in the water. Thats why he is going to be staying in qt for a bit. He seems to be livening up, Unfortunately my other male in my avi Triton seems to be on his way out, he's pine coning and lost all his color for no apparent reason. Ive had him for a little over a year, another petco find. It saddens me but what can you do, I have him in qt also none of the fish in his tank are sick, so I have no idea what caused this. Welp Pictures soon! sorry for the ramble
If you got him from Petco then I'm pretty sure you have a Betta King. Petco doesn't sell Giants it's against US agriculture or something like that and since they're a chain company they strictly go by the species book. Your local pet store may carry giants but not chain stores
Junglist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #3 
fleetfish

He sounds beautiful! I'm totally obsessed with giants and king bettas right now. I'm still wondering if my new girl Brunhilda (also found in a tiny, dirty little cup, hardly able to move) would be a giant or king type, or if she is just an extremely huge crowntail.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #4 
Anitax3x

oh okay hes a king. Makes sense, I'm not into breeding bettas (maybe one day!) so I Love him just the same haha
I am uploading some pics in a second I just took with my phone, he is showing interest with the brine shrimp (picking at them) he is still clamped up, I assume he will be better with time, he's only been home for a couple hours. He is moving more though, and he looks livelier.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #5 
Anitax3x

Pics of the new guy no name so any helpful hints are welcome! Hard to see but he has blue fins
Also i saw the shrimp he lost interest in, and i sucked em up that way no one frets over his mess he made lol.
Sorry for low quality its hard to get him to stay still when i put my phone near him lol
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #6 
Junglist

He looks great
Old 06-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #7 
Anitax3x

thank you! I hope he colors up some more he is starting to look great. I'm happy with him !
Old 06-01-2012, 09:55 PM   #8 
Junglist

Oh he will darken up to his true colors and look even more attractive, Here's Bruno and he's a little over 3 inches had him for almost a year and a half and still healthy and active so active that even I can't take a straight shot at him

Old 06-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #9 
Anitax3x

WOW! gorgeous! My boy's coloring is similar just alot more blue in his tail.