Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #91 
ZergyMonster

I am surprised that Walmart has more than just veil tails and crowntails. Most walmarts don't invest into other tail types because of the extra cost.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #92 
TurtleMan84

The other ones came from Petsmart. Walmart only had the Crowns and Veils
TurtleMan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #93 
Sena Hansler

I do agree, that buying the fish only encourages bad care ;-( I refused to buy even OBJECTS from one store because of their complete lack of brains. They were showcasing their "wonderful" betta homes, like the gumball machine, the 0.5 gallons... All of which had dropsy, ich, rot, or were dead. GREAT showcasing -sigh-

I pull the betta fish cups FORWARD to be seen. I make the employees take the dead ones. And I ask for the sick ones for super cheap, or free.

Anyways, I tried getting a female from Petsmart for cheaper, and wasn't going to bring her back since she had rot down to her body... but they tore her cup from my hands and said no. If they refuse, ask for a final sale, to show you aren't bringing them back. Or ask for free, and a final sale, no return. That way, you don't lose money, they don't get money, and the fish overall get better care. YES we all know they are tropical fish, but try heating 1 gallons. I don't expext you to heat every 1 gallon, or buy fantastical 5 gallons that are heated, filtered and cycled

Keep doing what you are doing - you need advice, we'll help ya

On a side note, my fishies have the warmest room in the house with a room heater That's why I still rescue. I can supply warm water, proper cleanings, etc. Try adopting them out!!

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 06-04-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #94 
Karebear13

I want to see pics
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #95 
TurtleMan84

I won't be adopting any of my pets out, sorry.

Would you adopt your children out if you couldn't afford to heat your house for them? I think not.

So, let's forget about the adoption thing :)
Old 06-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #96 
Sena Hansler

I'm pointing out that it's nice you rescued, but you can give them great homes via people on here or people you know. That's what I do.

As for adopt children out, don't go there. I AM ADOPTED. because my mother couldn't care me as she should have been able to, and I was given a chance to be with RELATIVES that were nice enough to raise me sicne I was 2.

So, yeah, if I was in a terrible situation where my children's health, mentally and physically were at risk, yes I would adopt them out to relatives. Or people I closely knew.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #97 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMan84 View Post
I won't be adopting any of my pets out, sorry.

Would you adopt your children out if you couldn't afford to heat your house for them? I think not.

So, let's forget about the adoption thing :)
To be fair you never once said you didn't have them in a warm room. No one even asked if you did there was just this assumption you didn't. No more arguing please.lol lets get off the argument that is in the past please and move on. I'm a big fan of veil tails but they can be a bear sometimes with their constant fin splitting and sometimes fin biting. I think I pity the poor things for having to carry around all that extra weight. You have an issue with that yet with the veils?
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #98 
TurtleMan84

Hi Shirleypoo, I keep my buddies in the warmest part of the house, which is on the kitchen counter near the window where they can get light and extra heat from the sun. I also turned down the air conditioner in my house. So, I have made myself uncomfortable so my fish can be more comfortable :)
Old 06-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #99 
Sena Hansler

Well, that's good. -.- Too bad you didn't have a room for them - That's what I was lucky to have. Although it's not dry in that room... it's....nice. o_o
Old 06-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #100 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

You are now a true fish keeper, lol!
I haven't spoiled myself since I got fish!
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote