Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #1 
kingmed

Best or good filter / heater for 2.5 gallon aquarium

I have one of those 2.5 gallon glass aquariums you get at petco/petsmart, I'm also wanting to eventually get or use a filter in it and a heater. The heater I was thinking about is one of the 7.5 watt heater. I do have some small filters one is the small heater from a ocean free setup that I bought 5-6 years ago and haven't never used, it is similar to a red sea mini filter. Also have a penn plax 170 filter and a 1-3 gallon tetra internal filter, just curious what would be the best for this tank? Also have seen on you tube I believe where someone had bought the penn plax small world filter and had taken off the back and replaced it with crushed bio rings and a sponge and used rubber bands to keep it together so as they could just rinse out the sponge when needed so they wouldn't have to buy another one.
kingmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Uh... Are you planning to Cycle? It's because that since it's a Small Tank, it would be VERY hard to Cycle. It's just because of the Parameters, and stuff...
Anyways, I think you should get an Internal Filter. It takes a little bit of Space, and it has a Low Flow. Maybe the i25 Marina Filter would do. It IS possible.
For the Heater, What about the Hydor Mini Heater? It works great!!!
Please tell me what you think.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:45 AM   #3 
chibifish

For my 2.5 gallon i use the Elite Submersible Preset Heater Mini 25W. Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00
I like it a lot because you can adjust how hot it gets so you're more in control. And it's submersible. It's a bit more expensive - $16 on Amazon right now, but it works great. Hope you find what you're looking for! :)
chibifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #4 
Hallyx
Reference Team

While not easy, you can cycle a 2.5gal. Find the small tank cycling thread for suggestions.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote