Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #1 
augustus waters

personalities

if you ever forget that bettas have big personalities, throw a few ghost shrimp in with your boys.

they sell em for 33 cents at petsmart, so i got four to put two in with each gus and finnick and OH MY GOSH it was so funny. finnick is considerably less passive, so he was just really interested in them; sorta followed them around a bit but didn't bite or flare up or anything. gus, on the other hand. he was nipping and chasing and flaring like a madman and they were jumping out of the tank and it was crazy. i ended up taking the two in gus' tank away and putting them in my other tropical tank because i was afraid it was stressing him out too much

ugh i just love bettas
augustus waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #2 
LittleWatty

I'm wanting to get some Ghost Shrimp for my betta, to give him something to do if he ever gets bored (I work long hours, and can't exactly be there to keep him busy!). But... I think just one in his current 3 gallon would be too much. But, I might add a couple to his 6.6 once it finishes cycling. I think he'd enjoy them :D
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #3 
Sceven

I have wanted to get some for my boys. I would just feel super bad if they ended up biting off a bunch of appendages.
Sceven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #4 
Sheldon31

Kyon has a very grumpy attitude. Today I swirled the sand and got some on his head and the look on his face! I didn't realise fish could change their facial expression. When he flares he gets big white stripes on his face like war paint. His favourite game is stalk the cory. He will follow the kittens around knowing that they suss out the cat fish pellets while Cloud is much gentler but is hyper. White Kyon glides around like a ballroom dancer, Cloud zips about like a dragon fly. He reminds me of a danio with his speedy swimming style. They are both a joy to watch but for very different reasons :)
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote