Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #1 
zombiegirl

Sphere tanks?

Here's the deal, I bought a Baby Biorb from one of my brother's friends who never used it. Other than being a pain to clean, it worked great for Ghost, my DT. He swam laps every night and seemed to really flourish in it. So, fast forward to this weekend, the bottom is leaking! He's currently in my globe vase (looks like a giant fish bowl) which I scrubbed and set up. Don't worry, it holds ten liters of water so I think he'll be fine temporarily.

My question is, are there any tanks similar to the Biorb, circular, spherical? Or should I just look for something completely different?
zombiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #2 
Sceven

I found the baby biorb at Petco.com :)
Sceven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #3 
a123andpoof

Can you fix the leak? Maybe with aquarium sealant? I don't know of any tanks that hold more than a gallon like that. Thats a really nice tank. I would maybe try and fix it if you can.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #4 
zombiegirl

I'm not sure I can fix it. I'm mechanically inept and I'm afraid I'd do more harm than good It's a shame because it's a nice tank. After some research I discovered that leaking is an issue with these tanks. I think I'm just going to head to Petco and see what I can replace it with. No gallon bowls, so that's out. I'll just have to do some shopping.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #5 
lelei

I have the Kollercraft 360 cylindrical tank..under another name now..at Walmart..it's a 3 gal, I have also seen a 2 gal..but our 3 gal is taller, and works great!!
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #6 
lelei

This is a Picture of it..

3 gal is the first one (Lt side)..and the 2 gal on the Rt.

And here is the link..
www.amazon.com/KollerCraft-AQUARIUS-AquaView-Aquarium
Old 06-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #7 
lelei

This one is also at Walmart:)

Old 06-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #8 
Shadyr

WRT the cylinder tanks....The LED lights on the ones I had didn't seem to be strong enough for well...anything. And the light fixtures are rusting after a few months. And one of them has already lost an LED setting. And you can't view the fish very well at times due to the diffraction of the curve. I don't really like those cylindrical ones, as you might surmise. I just moved my daughter's betta Indigo out of one, and my sons' fish will be getting an upgrade soon too. They are both going into MiniBows. Not cylindrical or spherical at all, but I like them most overall out of the three small tanks I've dealt with so far. (IF you don't have other critters, my absolute fave is the Marineland Crescent, but the lid on it would be easily jogged/moved/messed with with by any mobile pets you might have)
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #9 
Luimeril

8I i hate the cylender tanks. they're awkward to move about for water changes. i own the Aquaview 360 three gallon, and while Pyro loves it, i hate it.

if you want round... this is only a gallon, but it's round. x-x

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aqua-Cultu...-Pets/17248149

i own one. hate it. i hate bowls and round tanks, though. you can fit one of the betta bowl heaters in it, though, if you leave out the crappy LED light. doesn't light up much at all.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #10 
zombiegirl

Thanks for the info on the tanks. I'll have to check out the Crecsent. I know cylindrical tanks aren't popular because they distort the view of the fish. I just got used to that with the biOrb I guess. The lighting thing may be an issue though. I may just end up with a hexagon tank like Pirate's.